Regular Contributor

Pleased to see a new product featured on the Q !    Bought several for my basement.

Super Contributor

Re: YEAH.....A NEW PRODUCT !

I saw this type of product on HSN. The brand is Origami. There are several styles and colors and look really nice. Some are less expensive the Q's TSV. Check them out.

tea

Frequent Contributor

HSN Origami shelves are FANTASTIC.  Many times they include the liners AND most of the time free shipping.  I see the Q is not including shipping.  Many sizes and shapes on HSN.  I am really upset about the shipping on this, plus the add on liners. NO break in the shipping if you buy multiples.  The more I think about it, the more I think I am going to cancel my order and wait for Origami.  I was wondering when the Q was going to notice how popular this is over there.  Do you think it is manufactured by the same company....under a different name for the Q?

Honored Contributor

@klajfakjDo you happen also to remember whether the origami have the locking wheels as well as the shelf lock?  I just can't remember the details and without the wheels, I have way less interest and would definitely pay extra dollars if necessary.

I have some shelving left from my first apartment in the 1960's!!  Unfortunately, no wheels and they are right about moving it -  it's a whole rigamarole!  Still - the piece I still have has followed me faithfully for over 50 years, so whatever I paid has been repaid and repaid and repaid.

Frequent Contributor

millieshops:  Yes...these look to be exactly the same as Origami...although I do not know if the quality is the same.  Origami comes with wheels and the locks are on the wheels.  You also get a little wrench type tool to install the wheels. 

I did order this QVC version, only because of the price itself.  HSN does not have a sale yet; but the S & T bump it up...FOR EACH UNIT.  

Since this isn't needed at the moment, I will wait for my email from Origami when their next special is.  I just can't get past the added shipping for each item with no discount.

Honored Contributor

I like that it's light weight, can handle a lot of weight and fold up.  I have some from Costco that are basically the same thing, but they weigh a ton.  I have them in the cellar, but want to move them to the garage.  It's going to take an army to move them.

Trusted Contributor

I am an Origami girl - I can't remember how many I have bought over the years.   I am going to stick with HSN on this type of product.

Honored Contributor

@Suzy Q from PA wrote:

Pleased to see a new product featured on the Q !    Bought several for my basement.

I bought many for my scrap room, in red.  I think even with shipping and liners as extra, these are still less expensive than HSN, but don't know about the cost when it is a special.  I desperately need storage in my scrap room, and I need it now, lol.

I have very large shelving units which I bought at Frontgate and amazon, for the rec room and garage, but they are very tall, so as I am short, these pop-it units will be just right for me to be able to reach things on the top shelf without a ladder, I hope.

Valued Contributor

They look exactly like Orgami from HSN. I was wondering if the same company makes them. I have many products from Orgami. Will stick with HSN.

Honored Contributor

I have several of the Origami brand from HSN in my house.  Absolutely love them.....especially the ease in setting them up!  And the high quality of the product.  I have the liners on all of mine.  Great product.