Honored Contributor

Re: Wrinkle defense = CHEMICALS as in FORMALDEHYDE!!

@ellaphant -

WEll, I'm glad to know that.

Eww!

I won't get any in the future!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Formaldehyde is a natural preservative used in food and cosmetics. The amounts used in consumables and skin care items is safe and does not pose any health threats. When you see 'natural preservative' listed as an ingredient on a product, that's most likely to be formaldehyde. For example, Coors' beer states on their containers 'all natural' and it contains formaldehyde as a preservative. As it stand now in the industry, there are far worse artificial preservatives used in food and cosmetics.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Formaldehyde is a natural preservative used in food and cosmetics. The amounts used in consumables and skin care items is safe and does not pose any health threats. When you see 'natural preservative' listed as an ingredient on a product, that's most likely to be formaldehyde. For example, Coors' beer states on their containers 'all natural' and it contains formaldehyde as a preservative. As it stand now in the industry, there are far worse artificial preservatives used in food and cosmetics.

enjoy that Formaldehyde!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You tried, @SilleeMee  That's all you can do these days. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I for one don't really care if my sheets are wrinkled!  They are slept in so....I will stay with my old cotton sheets.

Honored Contributor

I like my Wrinkle Defense sheets.  I was going to get another set, but forgot.  Did it have free S/H on the TSV day?  It's still the TSV price today, but that $5.50 S/H just bumps it up too high, especially without the extra pillowcases.  I use 4 pillows on our King bed and shorten the cases to standard size.  

Honored Contributor

I still have a chest of drawers made of pressed wood with that same formaldehyd odor as in frog dissecting in school lab.

The odor has never dissipated, after all of these years.

Needless to say that I've never put clothing in those drawers.

Just odds and ends and papers in clear plastic storage bags in those drawers.

I've never believed in treated wrinkle-free fabrics.

There are plenty of micro fiber clothing fabrics that aren't  and don't wrinkle.

My sheets and bedding has to be untreated.  I'm just fine with synthetic sheets as well as cotton. 

But don't 'treat' my sheets with permanent chemicals.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).