Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you buy a mattress online?

Yes, I did. Not this one.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

How would a person  get the old mattress  removed?

give it away.

have it picked up by a junk hauler.

my daughter had hers picked up curbside from her old apartment once she wrapped it in a complete sealed protective mattress cover.

Give it away? Who wants an old used mattress?

I am a senior and wouldn't even be able to bring it down the stairs. I need the service of delivery, set up, and removal of old one. For that reason alone, I would not buy online.

believe it or not, there ARE people who will take a used mattress @Catch71 .....in particular, those who are in need and have no money. we have given away several mattresses of all sizes over the years and they took them out themselves.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

NO

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle @satva makes a very good mattress.   I purchased an organic latex mattress because latex is what I wanted.  Satvavwould have been a second choice if latex were not available.  They are very very expensive.   My neighbor ended up buying one but because of the cost she bought a twin size.  I wasn't ready to buy a twin just to be able to afford it.  I believe her twin was $1000

Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

Yes.  I just purchased an organic latex mattress, made in Los Angeles.  I researched for over a year.  I knew I wanted a latex mattress and it had to be all organic, because my experience sleeping on a latex mattress was like no other for me.   I had a sleep number bed for 18 years which had sprung a leak in the core and would no longer stay inflated so after researching for over a year for what was in my opinion, the best organic latex mattress I purchased one.  I am sleeping better than ever and I was having issues with a good sleep for quite a few years.

Teddxat...I'm looking for a latex mattress also or a hybrid of latex and coils. Could you tell me what brand you went with? I have had a latex topper for years and love the feel, so we need a new mattress and I would love the latex I think. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@daisyk wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

Yes.  I just purchased an organic latex mattress, made in Los Angeles.  I researched for over a year.  I knew I wanted a latex mattress and it had to be all organic, because my experience sleeping on a latex mattress was like no other for me.   I had a sleep number bed for 18 years which had sprung a leak in the core and would no longer stay inflated so after researching for over a year for what was in my opinion, the best organic latex mattress I purchased one.  I am sleeping better than ever and I was having issues with a good sleep for quite a few years.

Teddxat...I'm looking for a latex mattress also or a hybrid of latex and coils. Could you tell me what brand you went with? I have had a latex topper for years and love the feel, so we need a new mattress and I would love the latex I think. 

@daisyk   Hi...  I know the question was not asked of me,  but when we bought a new bed frame about 7 months ago from Room & Board (first time in that store...  why did I wait so long???!!!!!),  we also asked them about a mattress (ours was 25 years old, still felt fine...  but it was time!). 

They had a choice of 6.  We were certain we wanted a coil mattress and knew we did not want foam.   The sales rep (who was wonderful),  told me he had one more mattress to try,  after I was certain one of the coil mattresses would work for us ...   it was a HYBRID NATURAL LATEX/COIL.   OMG..   THE BEST EVER!!!   I like a firm mattress and this was firm,  but had a gentle give to very kindly cradle your joints and body.   My husband tried it and we made the purchase.  SO HAPPY WE DID.... it's a FABULOUS mattress.   Highly recommend looking at the hybrids.  Make sure it's NATURAL LATEX you look at which is different.  It comes from a rubber tree.    Good luck.  

Edited to add:  Our mattress was made in Minnesotta. Our new bed is a platform type with no box spring.  First time I ever had that type of bed.  LOVE IT!  So happy not to have a box spring any longer.   Plus..  it looks so much better!   

Trusted Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@daisyk   Hi...  I know the question was not asked of me,  but when we bought a new bed frame about 7 months ago from Room & Board (first time in that store...  why did I wait so long???!!!!!),  we also asked them about a mattress (ours was 25 years old, still felt fine...  but it was time!). 

They had a choice of 6.  We were certain we wanted a coil mattress and knew we did not want foam.   The sales rep (who was wonderful),  told me he had one more mattress to try,  after I was certain one of the coil mattresses would work for us ...   it was a HYBRID NATURAL LATEX/COIL.   OMG..   THE BEST EVER!!!   I like a firm mattress and this was firm,  but had a gentle give to very kindly cradle your joints and body.   My husband tried it and we made the purchase.  SO HAPPY WE DID.... it's a FABULOUS mattress.   Highly recommend looking at the hybrids.  Make sure it's NATURAL LATEX you look at which is different.  It comes from a rubber tree.    Good luck.  

Edited to add:  Our mattress was made in Minnesotta. Our new bed is a platform type with no box spring.  First time I ever had that type of bed.  LOVE IT!  So happy not to have a box spring any longer.   Plus..  it looks so much better!   

@nyc1 Thanks so much for your reply! That sounds perfect. I will do my research!

Honored Contributor

NO

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back when QVC was truly "Quality Value & Convenience,"

I ordered a "Sleep Select" from QVC when "Sleep Selects" first came out.  They were soooo new, it doesnt have any "bells & whistles."  So my "Sleep Select" is probably pushing 35+ yrs at least? 

ABSOLUTELY 2nd BEST PURCHASE EVER!!!!

It's been the absolutely longest, most comfortable mattress I've EVER had!  In fact, this is my 3rd mattress ever, (including the one I grew up with)!  The one I bought from a store, in person, & carefully selected, 2nd mattress ever, hardly lasted at all. Within months after purchase, "was the pits!"

My "Sleep Select" grows & shrinks, "at my fingertip command," accommodating just where my latest life's "aches & pains" migrate to.

I also buy the best "4 inch toppers" to place on top of the "Sleep Select," & change them as needed. 

All encased in an antibacterial, waterproof, anti-bug/dust mite mattress protector.   All thick enough my whichever cat's accidental claws never penetrate any of this.

I have such incredible "peace of mind," & comfort, on this one place I spend almost 1/3rd of my lifetime, my bed.

(Altho, I'm soooo protective, panicky, hovering over "PITA" when I'm moving anywhere.  And I must personally travel along, with this particular "bed set up!" if you can imagine!   It CANNOT be damaged in any way!)  So far, so good!  More than 35+ yrs!

2nd BEST PURCHASE of my LIFETIME!  

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Trusted Contributor

I would consider buying a mattress on line after performing proper research.  However, I doubt that I would ever purchase one from QVC.