Respected Contributor

Re: Would you buy a Mattress off tv?

I have bought several mattresses from 1-800-mattres(s).  You tell them what you want, they give you a price and deliver within 24 hours.  I have never been disappointed.

Not sure if they are still in business; it's been 5 or 6 years.

Esteemed Contributor

No.  It is too big of a purchase, too difficult to return if you don't like it.  There are we two sharing a bed, and we both would want to check many brands out.  Of course, we live in an area where there are many stores and we are both able to get out and about.  If that were not the case, I can see why some people would buy a mattress that way.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years ago I bought mattress from qvc and had no issues.  When I moved, i needed a new mattress.  I invested a lot of time testing mattresses and went to the store several times and tested the "one" until I bought it.  I knew the first night it had to go.  I called the store and they said I had to keep it for thirty days, then could swap it out.  On the thirtieth day I called and made the arrangements.  If I needed a mattress, I would consider the one on the q.  The selling point for me is it's a medium comfort mattress.  

Honored Contributor

I purchased a Sleep Number mattress from a website sight unseen and a Honda Odyssey van from a seller on e-bay.

Both were great purchases.  I am still driving the van I purchased in 2007 and the only money I have spent on it was for 4 new tires and a battery because the other ones wore out after I had the van for a few years.  The van still looks and drives like new.

Just do your homework first.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  I bought the smart surface Serta two years ago from QVC.  It's the best purchase I ever made and the delivery was perfect.

Valued Contributor

@nycgirl79 wrote:

I'm so glad you asked this as I am a bit nervous about buying one via TV even though it looks great and extremely comfortable. Then I remembered that my current mattress (a Serta) was bought via 1-800 mattress so I never tested it out either. I'm a bit germaphobic so the thought of going to a store to test out multiple mattresses is difficult for me. Hence why my mattress is almost 17 years old and my back hurts every morning. So I think I'm going to roll the dice here and will keep my fingers crossed. I just want to know why they aren't offering that cute little sheep with this mattress?? Is it because you'd never find a stuffed sheep in a 5-star hotel?? Haha, just kidding!

It's because you won't have to count sheep anymore if you purchase the mattress! Woman Wink

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Would, and have, from QVC. Two perfect, one manufacturer's error taken care of quickly and easily.

Using a qvc mattress right now. We love it!

The return of the error mattress was accomplished with no cost or effort to us.

For "don't like" purchases, I don't know, but I'd call customer service and ask.

Trusted Contributor

I bought a Serta off of Evine channel two years ago and am very happy with it. I payed no sales tax to boot. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband and I bought a mattress from the Q three years ago. We had gone to Sleepy's and put down a deposit on a brand name PillowTop mattress that was over $3,000. Then during I believe Memorial Day, there was a TSV for a Serta Perfect Sleeper Super PillowTop and even for Queen size it was about $800-$900. That was a huge difference. 

Since, we already knew that worked for us it was seamless. It has been the best mattress. It still looks and feels new. So, so comfortable. We absolutely love it and saved a bundle. We were able to get back our deposit so everything worked out. 

The easy pay was great too. We were about to get married later that year and our income was very limited at that point. It was such a great help to be able to pay for the mattress over time and still be able to carry on with the wedding with no pressure!!! We paid for the mattress and wedding with no debt to show for it!!!!!!!!

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

I was wondering if there is a return shipping charge if you decide to send mattress set back.