Contributor

Would you buy a Mattress off tv?

Never ever buy a mattress or a car without test driving it first, don't be like my sister who ordered a mattress off tv, and when she got it, it was as hard as a boxing ring.  She ended up having to get a mattress topper just to make it comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you buy a Mattress off tv?

I bought a mattress on the Q. a few years ago...and still have it...one of the best mattresses I have ever owned...

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think so, but clearly many do. The last time I bought a mattress, it took me over 2 hours of trying nearly every sample on the floor until I found the ideal one.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I have never bought a mattress without trying it first but the TSV price is certainly good and free delivery and take away of old mattress sounds good too.  If I were in the market for one I might try it. 

Valued Contributor

My daughter bought her mattress the last time from QVC and she loves it.  Easy set up and took out the old one too.  Said it was better than the ones she tried in the store. Got a king also.

My last car I bought without test driving  it. I bought the same brand but diffferent style and love it.  Brand new and told the guy what we were looking for and color and came back with a few and got the one I wanted.    But it was not used so that made a difference for us.

Valued Contributor

I bought this mattress from QVC a month ago.  I got the king size, it was delivered promptly, set up and my old mattress was taken away.  It's heavenly and I have fewer aches and pains when getting out of bed in the morning.

So the answer is YES.  I would and have.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So how much would it cost to send a mattress back if you didn't like it? Surely would be way more than the Q shipping it to you. I would never take that chance. Sounds like everyone here had good luck with this, but I wonder how many were not so happy. Same with the chairs and  the big rugs and I see even the Q sells appliances too. Man, just too risky..

Respected Contributor

Never, I need to try out the mattress before I buy it.

Honored Contributor

I would - hundreds of thousands of pople buy mattresses from TV or online or via some phone process. 

I would only want to make certain I was buying from a repitable company whose return policy I understood well. 

And like everything else I buy "long distance," I would pay with a credit card - never with debit.  I like that extra layer of protection.

Super Contributor

I'm so glad you asked this as I am a bit nervous about buying one via TV even though it looks great and extremely comfortable. Then I remembered that my current mattress (a Serta) was bought via 1-800 mattress so I never tested it out either. I'm a bit germaphobic so the thought of going to a store to test out multiple mattresses is difficult for me. Hence why my mattress is almost 17 years old and my back hurts every morning. So I think I'm going to roll the dice here and will keep my fingers crossed. I just want to know why they aren't offering that cute little sheep with this mattress?? Is it because you'd never find a stuffed sheep in a 5-star hotel?? Haha, just kidding!