Valued Contributor

Re: Wondering about the Air Joe air compressor on today

Thanks everyone for answering. Especially appreciate the advice from @SilleeMee  and 

@IamMrsG . Decided to not get the Air Joe and, instead, check out the Air Hawk and Stanley models. The Air Hawk sounds like a really good option. I have some bigger, heavy-duty compressors in the garage (they were my mom's), but I thought it would be a good idea to have something with me in the car in case of an emergency.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

i saw this last year, i think, and didn't order for the reason that it is battery only. i like that the air hawk has a power cord. i didn't know that. thank you for letting me know.

there is no way that i would pay $100 for a battery for something that costs half that amount. who does that?

it's cheaper to just buy another machine or am i missing something?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have this compressor and it works as advertised.  I had a car tire that had a slow leak and I used this to add air every 4-5 days and it worked like a charm.  Saved me going to the gas station or tire store to constantly add air.  You set the psi you want and it stops when it gets there so you do not over inflate.  You must read the directions and set it to psi if that is what you need.  Keeps its charge for a long time.  Mine came in a carrying case and I bought it here on the Q several months ago.  I didn't know about the Air Hawk and did not do my homework.  I was frustrated with adding air at the station, saw this on air and ordered it.  I keep it inside my laundry room attached to my garage.  It does not have a power cord to plug in but it worked when I needed it and I am glad to have it nearby when needed.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GOOD NEWS!!

For those of you who bought the Air Joe, I found this power cord which plugs into the cig lighter outlet in your car so you can use this cord instead of using the rechargeable battery on the Air Joe. This power cord takes the place of the battery pack on the Air Joe, slides off just like the battery does. 

https://www.qvc.com/Sun-Joe-12V-Car-Power-Kit-for-24V-Air-Compresso-rSpray-Washer.product.H305245.ht...

Sun Joe 12V Car Power Kit for 24V Air Compresso r/Spray Washer $27 +sh

AIRJ24C-12VAD_Image01.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Hey hey @SilleeMee - got my Air Hawk today - works like a champ!  Decent price; well worth it.  My tires were low and it's hard to find a pump 'round here.  I used it right away via the adapter, while the battery is charging up.

Thanks for the rec (and the peace of mind).

Good weekend to you!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Oh YAY! @Sweetbay magnolia . You're welcome!Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee thanks for the Air Hawk suggestion. I ordered it on HSN Sunday and used a 20% coupon code thy offered. My son bought his bike up from the basement and the tires were flat, it prompted me to immediately go and order it. I already have a pile of footballs and basketballs to inflate when it comes.

Honored Contributor

I got my husband the Sun Joe one for Christmas.  My husband had looked at other models, and I think Air Hawk was the one he looke at, on Amazon and the reviews were not very good which was lucky for me since I had already bought the Sun Joe.  He's bad about doing that around Christmas, looking at buying something that I had already bought him.  But, he has been very happy with it.  I'll probably look into getting that cigarette lighter plug for it.  I guess when the battery pack goes, it'll be time for an upgrade/update.  It's sad that things are so disposable these days, but that's the way it is. 

We have an electric start Troy Bilt lawn mower he bought me before we got married that he still uses.  Replaced the expensive battery on it twice, but after that just use the pull cord.  He's the one that mows the grass anyways so has the strength to pull it, although last time I tried it started easy even for me.  It's over 20 years old.  My neighbors get a new lawn mower every 2-3 years. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I own the Air Hawk compressor. Works on the same principal. I paid $39 for it from HSN when they had it on sale, normally $59. I love it. I can fill my tires while my car is sitting in my garage. No more having to pay for air and the inconvenience of that, too. 

My Air Hawk has a rechargeable removable battery, one very long AC cord and one very long DC cord (cig lighter plug-in). I never use the rechargeable battery and just use the regular plug-in to the electrical wall outlet. But if I need to fill a tire on the side of the road then I can use either the rechargeable battery, if it's charged, or I can use the cig lighter cord and power it that way. I keep my Air Hawk inside my car all the time. Never had to use it for an emergency though. But at least it's peace of mind that I have it.

The Air Hawk takes a few minutes to fill a low-pressure tire. I just attach the thing to a tire and go about my business...it turns off automatically. 

The Air Joe is more powerful. It has a 24V battery vs Air Hawk's 12V. But for me that 12V works just fine for what I use it for.

HSN's Air Hawk is just $35+sh w/2 FP today.

https://www.hsn.com/products/air-hawk-pro-cordless-air-compressor/8293621?query=8293621&isSuggested=...

@SilleeMee  Thanks for the heads up about this; I've been wanting an air compressor for around the house and this is perfect; got it for $35.45!

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom  @Caligurll 

I'm glad you got the Air Hawk.Smiley Happy I just wanted to give a suggestion about using it on car tires. Since the thing has such a short hose, that can make it difficult at times to reach the tire valve without holding the Air Hawk while filling it or you have to move your vehicle so the valve gets positioned closer to the ground so that the Air Hawk can sit on the ground without having to hold it up to reach the valve. I use one of these small folding step stools as a prop for the Air Hawk. I just keep the stool in my car and it's there when I need it.Smiley Happy

download.jpg