Esteemed Contributor

Re: Women in Control maxi dress

[ Edited ]

@luvzchiz @shaggygirl my 2 cents:  what I dislike about Renee's prints is they are not placement prints so none of the prints are the same.  Whereas, most of the prints SG does are placement prints so all of the prints fall in the same place.  I bought one Renee's other print maxis a few years ago.  I loved the print but when I got mine home one of the print designs sat right on my left boob and another of the prints landed in a place that was not flattering.  If I buy prints they have to be placement prints

Esteemed Contributor

To my eye, and I am no fashionista, something looks out of balance w/that dress. Maybe the sleeve length vs the dress length...or the neckline vs the dress length, or something. And something about the way it's cut through the body makes Jayne look hippy, Pat too, and the models. Maybe if it was mid-calf length or knee length. But this opinion coming from a jeans & t shirted senior.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thrilled to see a maxi for talls finally offered.  I ordered the black because one can never have too many black dresses.  I also like the elbow length sleeves.  Last year she offered a two pack, but one was sleeveless and no talls.  I didn't get those as they didn't work for me.  

I also liked the navy, but the background is black and not navy.  Since this is not a placement print, the design on the back of various samples showed that the print didn't match.  In one sample the brush strokes were straight across the back making the slender model not look so.  On another, the brush strokes were not attractively placed.  I'll bet there will be returns due to the placement.  If that is so and the cost is deeply reduced, I'll get another just to lounge around the house. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvzchiz @shaggygirl   I agree with you. see my comment.   I totally agree about placement prints as opposed to Renee's prints which are not,   Also this dress is cut much closer to the body in the midriff and hips which is unflattering especially on Pat James Dementri because she is an apple and carries her weight above her hips 

Honored Contributor

I don't usually comment on clothes here.

I also don't wear dresses..at all.  However my daughter does.  She also likes plain colors.  She's about 5'10 so I think it wouldn't touch the floor on her.

However, it seems to me like it would hit the floor on people even a little shorter than that.

Why are they so long?  I would buy one for my friend but they're just too long.

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat   I just saw your post.  We must have been writing at the same time!   You put it quite well re the placement of the prints.   I'm an apple too, but I hope in the black it will look ok.  I did size up, as the measurements seem to be a bit smaller that the usual Renee or QVC sizes. I do plan to wear it with a jacket or cardi in the cooler months.  

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   The dress comes in 3 lengths.  Perhaps your daughter would prefer the average length. I'm 5'10 1/2", so I need every inch. 

Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

Just out of curiosity: Is this material hot or breathable? I like soft breathable cotton in the hotter months. TIA

@CritterKeeper , I personally found it to be hot.  If you are familiar with Chico's Travelers material, it was like that but thicker and heavier in weight.  When I my package was delivered, I was shocked at how heavy the bag was.  There was no way I would have worn the dress I bought in the summer.  I would have roasted.

I am not a tiny person and even though the material felt heavy, it still hugged and clung to things I didn't want.  A shaper was required for me.     

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've tried some of Renes Como Jersey tops and didn't care for the fabric.  It's similar to SG's Liquid Knit but not nearly as silky or refined, obviously a cheaper quality.   Also the construction of her garments is not nearly as nice as Susan's. 

Although I do like my navy sleeveless como jersey maxi, it is hanging right next to a SG dress. The difference in the hand of the fabric is noticeable. Liquid knit feels silky. The Renee dress feels a bit rougher. 

@fairydogmother    Yes, I also have both and did the hand test, noticing the difference.  That's why I commented. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:
I got the black & the navy. I really like the sleeves. Does this material shrink or wrinkle?

@Renata22    No, this fabric neither shrinks nor wrinkles. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment