Valued Contributor

Do the same companies/vendors getting tsv's over and over and over instead of spreading the wealth and giving tsv's to other existing longtime vendors or bringing in new and fresh vendors?  TSVs have become so boring; same type produce multiple times a year as well as same companies.  QVC, hoping 2022 will bring some new and exciting tsv categories and names to give us something to look forward to watching and purchasing.

Honored Contributor

In all the years I've watched QVC, (20+) I remember ordering a TSV once, a Dennis Basso jacket that I should have sent back.  TSV's, IMO, are not "special" nor are they good "values."

Esteemed Contributor

The other night Shawn said to a beauty vendor (can't remember who)  "Girl, you have to bring this back as a TSV in a two pack or a jumbo size." Nothing else added like eyeshadows or powders that no one uses."  Well, out of the horses's mouth a host is saying what many of us have been saying or thinking all along.  The TSV is not a good value when they tack on a bunch of items that no one really wants or will use.

I bet management cringed when she said that......but then again, maybe not.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

They will do it till it fizzles out then move on to another item to sell over and over. 

Honored Contributor

I remember the day I used to stay up until midnight to see what it was. Those days are long gone. There is nothing special about it. 

Valued Contributor

Yes, I used to stay up also, that countdown clock and then the tsv would be revealed.  That was really fun and also they sure sold.  I know times are quite difference now for many reasons, but I think more would watch if they didn't know days ahead what the tsv was going to be and there was anticipation at midnight!

Esteemed Contributor

to me the TSV's are over stocked items that did not sell, or  it's something  that might be good to get new customers to their line  or it is jsut junk  from the companies

Esteemed Contributor

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they have a contractual agreement with these companies to give them the spotlight of a TSV each month. While I don't watch the Q on TV, I do check the website most days, and seldom do I find a TSV that I'm interested in because they're always the same things. I did purchase a Lug bag that was featured a few weeks ago, although I'm not sure that was a TSV or not....that brand purchase was a first for me. We can all name the exact vendors that will be featured over and over....and unfortunately that ignores some of the really good products/brands that are available and seldom (if ever) get any air time.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I bet management cringed when she said that......but then again, maybe not.

I think we've established long ago that management doesn't watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Too many cosmetic TSV's that don't work anyway.