Contributor

Why the item change for the Dyson TSV?

In the June Insider it listed the DC65 with 7 attachments for 479.99 which I gladly preordered because I was looking to buy that model and that is a fantastic price for the machine, let alone the extra attachments! A few days ago I get an early access email and it isn't the DC65 anymore. It's the model they're featuring today. When I went through my order history and clicked through to the item I purchased it's no longer available. What gives?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why the item change for the Dyson TSV?

It sounds like it's no longer available. Things happen....
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Discontinued...

Contributor

It's not discontinued. It was the DC65 which is the newest model that just came out this year. They sell the vacuum, but not the package I was able to get. It came out to a 20% discount PLUS the 5 extra attachments.

Honored Contributor

Perhaps the originally planned item will show up down the road at a higher price... Sounds as though they realized they might actually be offering too good a deal...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 6/24/2014 stevieb said:

Perhaps the originally planned item will show up down the road at a higher price... Sounds as though they realized they might actually be offering too good a deal...

Wink

I think you are right about that. The price on Q is about the same as the price on other sites if you include the fact that other sites will throw in free shipping but shipping on Q is about 20 dollars. If you price them everywhere, the price is pretty uniform.

The advantage here is the easy pay. The disadvantage is that you pay for return EVEN if you get a defective item--some other places will pay the shipping IF you get a bad unit. (not just if you want to send it back if you hated it.)

The margin on the Dyson may be small to the resellers--typically it is for anything electronic or electric. So they may not have been able to make a reasonable profit for their effort on Q. Q is expensive --TV broadcasting is more expensive by far than internet website sales.

Honored Contributor

On 6/24/2014 Campion said:

Wink

I think you are right about that. The price on Q is about the same as the price on other sites if you include the fact that other sites will throw in free shipping but shipping on Q is about 20 dollars. If you price them everywhere, the price is pretty uniform.

The advantage here is the easy pay. The disadvantage is that you pay for return EVEN if you get a defective item--some other places will pay the shipping IF you get a bad unit. (not just if you want to send it back if you hated it.)

The margin on the Dyson may be small to the resellers--typically it is for anything electronic or electric. So they may not have been able to make a reasonable profit for their effort on Q. Q is expensive --TV broadcasting is more expensive by far than internet website sales.

We're not supposed to have to pay return shipping on defective merchandise. If you have to return a defective item and are charged, you should call customer service.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Wink

I do believe this is what happened. I am very happy with my deal, though! And I love every second of using my new Dyson. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}