Honored Contributor

Why shipping so high for Lock & Lock?

Even for the set of ten small containers, multi-colors, new today, they ask $5.50 for shipping.  These are small plastic containers, lightweight, don't take up much space, so why $5.50?  

What am I missing?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Why shipping so high for Lock & Lock?

QVC's shipping is not based on the size or weight of the package, nor on where it is going. It is part of the entire pricing system.

Even stores/websites with free shippping calculate it into the overall pricing of their merchandise.

Respected Contributor

Seems like everything they've offered so far is on under $2 less than the original QVC price yet the S&H is higher.  Guess they have to make up the $ some way.

Honored Contributor

here is how i look at it......

the tsv set is $25.48......and it is an eight piece set. this is a larger capacity set also.

is each piece worth $3.19? if it is, i buy it......if it isnt, i dont buy it.

for me, this set is well worth the cost per piece. an excellent price for the quality.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Shipping costs have gone up - it is not only the actual shipping, but packing supplies, labor, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

This set is not listed as BPA free.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

This set is not listed as BPA free.

From theTSV product page:

A: 
All Lock & Lock pieces are BPA free.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach ~ Shipping to Alaska is $15.97.  😱

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Try boxing that set up and taking it to the post office and sending it.  Way more than $5.50.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just go to your local U.S. Post Office or your local UPS store and see what THEY tell you it will cost to ship even the smallest package or envelope.  Shipping isn't cheap. 

Can't expect to do any better than what the  average shipping price is out there, and I do think QVC's shipping can be regarded as a bargain.

With L&L storage containers, the boxes  they come in can be large, and the shippers set rates not only on weight, but on size of boxes. 

Boxes take up space in their airplanes and trucks, and still require the same manpower and gasoline (price of which is going up dramatically lately)  to  load and deliver them, no matter how lightweight they might be.  The boxes themselves cost money, too.