Honored Contributor

Re: Why only a 60 day MFG. Warranty on CE Air Fryer TSV?

I have the smaller model that was
a TSV back in spring. It gets a lot of use. Now I see this one is bigger but cost the same as mine.
Trusted Contributor

@barrel racer, is that 1 year warranty from CE anywhere in writing?  I can't find anything other than the 60 day mfg warranty.

Trusted Contributor

I did just verify with QVC.  There is only the 60-day warranty and no other 1 year warranty from Cooks Essential.

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

i was going to get one yesterday, but last night Cancelled don't care for the 60 day wtty. don't care what anyone says about one year it 's 60 days, beside  mine was on advanced order.

Don't like it  has a non-stick finish,i I will wait for the next TSV on another day, where they got 1 year wtty. and better finish. I did get M. Laurence Air Fryer Cookbook here, and 4 other items yesterday including the Ktichen Aid hand mixer.

Have a good week.

Contributor

Placed order for air fryer-then canceled after thinking about the 60 day warranty.  

That was a deal breaker for me-shame as it seemed like a wonderful appliance.

Checked all other brands of air fryers and all came with a 1 year warranty-sorry Cook's Essentials--

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was watching an infomercial on another channel for a product that had a GENEROUS 90-day warranty, LOL.   So maybe that's where we are going now.

I've been wanting a small tabletop type of convection appliance.    I'm not sold on these air fryers.   I don't like having to pull out the drawer to turn or toss.   The appliance doesn't seem stable enough to always be fiddling with the drawer, I can see it being a 2-handed job.  Plus I'm not very coordinated.

I decided to go with the ******or oven H368203.   It looks like the Nuwave oven sold on infomercials except you can just take the top off to check your food, or flip it or whatever you need to do.   With the Nuwave, you have to take off the entire top, including the glass bowl.   I did a little looking around on ******or & it seems to be a quality company.    The oven capacity is 12 quarts & the price was a bit less.   ******or offers a one year warranty.   The one year warranty tells me they stand by their product, hoping I never use it.

Something else I didn't like about the TSV is the non-stick coating.    I've used my late mom's CE skillets & I do not like the non-stick, plus after a while, it looks terrible.  And it's not non-stick.

Edit, I have no idea why the manufacturer's name is deleted.   It's a product sold on QVC    F a g o r

@adoreqvc wrote:

I have read about various air fryers and it seems many Consumers are thankful they have  a 1 year warranty still in effect, especially after their air fryer malfunctioned.

I always buy an electrical item with at least a minumum of a 1 year warranty.

I looked at the CE today's special value and was extremely disappointed they are only offering a 60 day warranty.

I've tried a few air fryers from various sellers and unfortunately sent them back before 30 days due to digital error malfunctions, and was hoping to try this one.

A few friends bought Emeril's Air Fryer with the  2 dials and returned them for various problematic reasons.

I would have, tried this CE air fryer, had it offered at least a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, and am highly dissapointed it does not.

Contributor

I recieved my CE Air Fryer last night. I put a steak in and sit it for 9 minutes and went and check on it on 5 minutes and when I checked it again it was off and the steak wasn't done so I tried to reset it and it wouldn't come back on and it smelled like wiring burning!! So i have boxed it back up and it is going back today for a refund!! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I canceled my order after I read this post, it never occurred to me that the Q would sell a small appliance with a 60 day warranty. Somebody is trying to pull a fast one.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the many generous replies.

I will eventually decide, but still prefer a minimum of a one year manufacturer's warranty.

If less warranty time is offered I feel the Manufacturer has no faith in his product which is the reason for the very short MFG warranty......and if the MFG does not have faith in his product, why should I buy it....