Respected Contributor

Re: Who with any common sense ....

Everyone requires an adult signature for alcohol. (Although I have come home to find a case of wine on the porch.)

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@151949  When you purchace an expensive bottle of wine in a wine store, they do not allow you to taste.

Why would you buy an expensive bottle of wine that you have never tasted.You can go to wineries and for a few dollars or for free taste whatever you want. 

I would not buy any wine I had not previously tasted.

So I guess the answer is drink a lot or never take a chance on a new wine huh?  Makes no sense. . .  Especially since most of us don't have local wineries.  Lots of wine is bought on a recommendation read or given by someone knowledgable. 

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@sunshine45  I am soooo with you on this one.

But we all keep responding like we expect something different from the same dismissive and rude person.  So what's wrong with US????

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45

Good for you.  It really irks me when people judge other people decision.  Just because someone doesn’t drink doesn’t mean they have to comment on what other people do or don’t do.  These same people buy shoes online without trying them on, and clothes without seeing them.     I hope you enjoy your wine.  I am on a tight budget right now but I was tempted to try 

Valued Contributor

@151949

My husband's wine order came in today (not from the Q).  In the box were 6 bottles he did not order.  He called the place and asked if he should send it back.  They said no. 

Turns out the wine is a Cabernet from Dave Matthews winery.  Who knew?   

The best wine I ever had was the  wine used at the Papal Inauguration ceremony.  DH never asked the wine expert f it was the communion wine or the dinner banquet wine.   He bought a few bottles and after we had some, I suggested he high-tail it back the next day for more. It was fantastico lol.   

Honored Contributor

Although I haven't bought wine from QVC, I am in several wine clubs where they send me shipments of wine I've never tasted. 

This has worked for me.  Occasionally, I buy a bottle of wine at the market (again, untasted) that I don't like. In this case,  I use it for cooking.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ @giddy up  When we were having cases of wine delivered, I would simply send an email to UPS or FedEx and let them know I wouldn't be home the day of expected delivery and to deliver it to my next-door neighbor for a signature. (They were going to help drink it anyway!) Worked like a charm for us. 

Edited: How often have many been gifted bottles of "favorite" wines? Only to open the bottle to taste cheap and horrible stuff from one of those vineyards or tasting party at a local restaurant for free (or a very nominal fee)? Often people attending those tasting parties are only provided with the basic (usually lower end) wines made. How many wineries want to offer their best varieties to people who sit and drink for free?

I'll buy the tasteful wine and pay the price based on the reviews and flavors, rather than worry about the price and end up cooking with it or pouring it down the kitchen drain. That,  to me, is far more expensive! 

Haven't tried Valerie Bertenilli's wines and don't plan to do so. However, Mr. Wonderful has some very good wines which are available from QVC or on-line at reasonable prices IMO. QVC would sell more if the customer could custom order the wines he/she really enjoys, rather than the entire selection. (Just my suggestion and why I have ordered directly on-line.)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Pearls of Wisdom. 

Thank you. 

Respected Contributor

I’m a beer drinker and I purchase it by the case.. lol. Just kidding, but I am a beer drinker. I’ve never been a wine drinker, but it’s like anything else, personal preference. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

We are wine drinkers too , & we've bought cases of wines , but only ones we know we like. I wish they would have sold some by the bottle. I would have liked to have tasted the red.

Cases of wine???? Speaking of common sense, you posted numerous times your husband takes Glucovance. Web MD and many other sites really consider it dangerous to drink wine with this med.