Contributor

Re: Who with any common sense ....

Bingo
Esteemed Contributor

@151949  Perhaps it's not about saving the dollar, but enjoying the experience of a new full-bodied wine that we are willing to try WITH FRIENDS in the comfort of our own homes. There will always be people who search out the freebie tasting events; frankly, I've never enjoyed those venues. I've gladly paid for cases of wine to share with friends and neighbors and vice-versa.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I would only buy wine on line if I had already tried and liked it.  I wouldn't want to be bothered sending it back, and I wouldn't drink it (or cook with it) if I didn't like it.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@151949  When you purchace an expensive bottle of wine in a wine store, they do not allow you to taste.

Why would you buy an expensive bottle of wine that you have never tasted.You can go to wineries and for a few dollars or for free taste whatever you want. 

I would not buy any wine I had not previously tasted.

@151949  Because that is my business. Who are you to tell me something like this? I do what I like... NOT what you think has common sense attached to it.

Honored Contributor

We get a Christmas gift from family every year from a California Wine Co. For three months we receive 2 bottles. This is not a cheap gift and every bottle tastes good.

Honored Contributor

I don't drink wine, but so many people do, and so many I know like to try lots of different wines. If I was in the market, I'd give it a try, because there is always people you can share with if it is too much for you or if you don't really care for it. 

QVC offers money back, and while I'm not sure about this (please someone tell us if you know) but isn't wine like the food purchases here? Meaning if you don't like it you get your money back, but they don't take the food in return, you keep it and donate it or throw it away?

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't drink wine, but so many people do, and so many I know like to try lots of different wines. If I was in the market, I'd give it a try, because there is always people you can share with if it is too much for you or if you don't really care for it. 

QVC offers money back, and while I'm not sure about this (please someone tell us if you know) but isn't wine like the food purchases here? Meaning if you don't like it you get your money back, but they don't take the food in return, you keep it and donate it or throw it away?

@Mominohio  We give wine for hostess gifts and always have it for dinner with friends. I haven't returned any so I do not know the answer to this question.

My husband just ordered two bottles of wine from a company where we had dinner last week. The wine was reasonally priced, but the shipping was not good. Also, no refund if he didn't like it...which he did.....thankfully.

I think QVC does a nice job with this and all the food.

Valued Contributor

One problem with buying from the Q is they require an adult (over 21) signature on delivery.  So you never really know when Fedex, UPS, or whomever will show up.  You can get an idea of course through the tracking number, but usually it means sitting home all day until...... very inconvenient IMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fiero Woman wrote:

I also wanted to add, after a month in Tuscany, I discovered an awesome winery for Pino Grigio.  It was located close to San Giaminano.  I also search for that winery when purchasing wine.  The winery was totally awesome, people wonderful.  It was myself, daughter and grandaughter on this stay.  

@Fiero Woman

I know this area well, and love it!

Will be back there for 3 weeks in the Fall.

San Giaminano, land of beautiful women, lovely food, and great wine!  ☺️

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

One problem with buying from the Q is they require an adult (over 21) signature on delivery.  So you never really know when Fedex, UPS, or whomever will show up.  You can get an idea of course through the tracking number, but usually it means sitting home all day until...... very inconvenient IMO.

@giddy up. The California Wine Club requires it also. We always have to sign. If we are not home UPS leaves a note.