Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Who with any common sense ....

@QVCkitty1 We are very partial to wines from your area - have visited wineries there and bought cases. Our absolute favorite area to get wine is along Lake Erie in New York state.We love this area anyway - had a permanent campsite there for years - loved Lake Chatuaqua (Sp?) etc.

Just about as beautiful as any place on earth. If only the winter wasn't so harsh.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,099
Registered: ‎05-23-2015

Re: Who with any common sense ....


@151949 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 We are very partial to wines from your area - have visited wineries there and bought cases. Our absolute favorite area to get wine is along Lake Erie in New York state.We love this area anyway - had a permanent campsite there for years - loved Lake Chatuaqua (Sp?) etc.

Just about as beautiful as any place on earth. If only the winter wasn't so harsh.


@151949, New York is a beautiful state !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor
Posts: 874
Registered: ‎10-02-2017

Re: Who with any common sense ....

I also wanted to add, after a month in Tuscany, I discovered an awesome winery for Pino Grigio.  It was located close to San Giaminano.  I also search for that winery when purchasing wine.  The winery was totally awesome, people wonderful.  It was myself, daughter and grandaughter on this stay.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,605
Registered: ‎09-15-2016

Re: Who with any common sense ....

Anyone with common sense wouldn't ask that question because the answer is so plain & simple...They want to.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,592
Registered: ‎07-20-2017

Re: Who with any common sense ....


@151949 wrote:

would pay $125 for 12 bottles of wine they have never tasted ?


 

 

QVC, a very successful company, obviously thought they would. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 874
Registered: ‎10-02-2017

Re: Who with any common sense ....

My I just say, I do have common sense, only your opinion  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Who with any common sense ....


@Regal Bee wrote:

@151949 wrote:

would pay $125 for 12 bottles of wine they have never tasted ?


 

 

QVC, a very successful company, obviously thought they would. 


QVC's entire business is very heavily based on impulse buying.Which has nothing to do with common sense.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,592
Registered: ‎07-20-2017

Re: Who with any common sense ....

[ Edited ]

@151949  When you purchase an expensive bottle of wine in a wine store, they do not allow you to taste.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 41,474
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Who with any common sense ....


@151949 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@151949 wrote:

would pay $125 for 12 bottles of wine they have never tasted ?


 

 

QVC, a very successful company, obviously thought they would. 


QVC's entire business is very heavily based on impulse buying.Which has nothing to do with common sense.


 

@151949

 

 

sooooo.....everyone purchasing the TSV has no "common sense?" i find that assumption to be quite arrogant and unnecessary.

 

com·mon sense
ˌkämən ˈsens/
noun
noun: common sense; modifier noun: common-sense; noun: common sense
  1. good sense and sound judgment in practical matters.
********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,592
Registered: ‎07-20-2017

Re: Who with any common sense ....

@sunshine45  I am soooo with you on this one.