Regular Contributor

Who's Getting the Peter Thomas Roth TSV

Who's getting the TSV.  I have never used PTR products, so on the fence about getting this since I don't know how effective this is going to be.  Any thoughts? Thanks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Who's Getting the Peter Thomas Roth TSV

Just ordered. I've used his retinol serum for about a year now and don't know if it's working or not but my skin really does look better. The only way I would know if it was really working would be to have used it on only half of my face. I'm 67, fairly good skin but I was a sun worshipper in my youth so I have wrinkles and lots of age spots. I know the lack of collagen will never allow my skin to be truly young looking again so will settle for that fact. It's not a miracle but surely the best thing I've tried so far from the Q, with the exception of Diane Young products in the past. I'm not on auto-delivery because they always come up with something new & improved so won't be locked in to this in case something bigger & better comes up in the future. His products work for my skin more than any other brand. Good luck; if you decide to get it, I hope you're as happy with his products as I am.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@joann1218 wrote:

Who's getting the TSV.  I have never used PTR products, so on the fence about getting this since I don't know how effective this is going to be.  Any thoughts? Thanks.

@joann1218  I suppose you knew I’d weigh in on this. Who needs three retinol products applied separating when you can apply one? The before and after photos are only 1 woman out of how many? I’m not sure the results promised are across the board and $27+ a month for just one aspect of skincare is a big chunk of money.

My RX strength tube of Retin A costs much less...one product, one minute, higher concentration of Retin A.

His argument of buffered retinol? Anyone who finds Retin A irritating (like dd) can add a bit of moisturizer & blend before application. 

Sorry, for me the TSV is an easy pass.

Esteemed Contributor

I pre-ordered the TSV. I'm on AD for the mega sized Retinol PM serum which is fabulous. I'm on AD for the TSV also. The neat thing about AD is that you can cancel it at any time if a better configuration of products come up. I'm 76 but look many years younger as I have few wrinkles and the skin is even in coloration, etc. After I use this TSV, I will determine which AD to keep. The value on this is fabulous, so signing up for AD in case you love it is a good move.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@joann1218Like Carolina925 I also use PTR's retinol.  Add a decade to her age and that's me, age spots, other usual aging issues, too, but I still get compliments on my skin.  Should say I like PTR and Perricone, too, but PTR is definitely less pricey and I really can't say for sure what would happen if I used just that line.  I suspect I'd be okay.

I would like to add more for @Carolina925 that I always take the offer for AD if it's available because if something better hasn't appeared I can always cancel.  We're not locked in.  I know some posters are really upset when their AD's disappear, but I like the easy cancellation opportunity on my side and you're right that there's almost always something new and different which I think makes up for QVC and the venor company for cancelling me.

Respected Contributor

I've been using ROC eye cream, serum, and moisturizer with retinol and sunscreen for awhile - really happy with it.  And it's cheap.  Relatively speaking.  

Honored Contributor

To be clear, not bashing PTR products. I love his Unwrinkle Peel Pads, use them every other day and love them (3rd jar). 

Honored Contributor

I am still debating on getting it.  I do have a few of his products and love them.  I really like his FirmX Peeling gel and his dream cloud moisturizer.  

Esteemed Contributor

Marshall's carries PTR products starting at $29.  I've been tempted to try them but never have.

Honored Contributor

My derm told me that using retinol products, whatever they may be, is the most expensive and time consuming way of getting the benefits of using retinoids. In other words the most effective and economical product is tretinoin (Retin-A) in it's Rx form or buy it from overseas w/o a Rx.