Honored Contributor

Re: Who is ordering the new IT TSV?

I remember the summer of 2018 and the world wide launch of their CC Cream Full Coverage Oil-free Matte.  At first the reviews were really bad, stating too thick and pasty.  But when I look here for those reviews it looks like QVC instead picked up page after page of reviews from It Cosmetics' own webpage.

Has anyone used It Cosmetics' oil-free matte CC cream?  I wonder if a comparison to this TSV could be made. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I remember the summer of 2018 and the world wide launch of their CC Cream Full Coverage Oil-free Matte.  At first the reviews were really bad, stating too thick and pasty.  But when I look here for those reviews it looks like QVC instead picked up page after page of reviews from It Cosmetics' own webpage.

Has anyone used It Cosmetics' oil-free matte CC cream?  I wonder if a comparison to this TSV could be made. 

I ordered and returned that TSV!  IMO it wasn't very matte at all...still too gooey for my skin plus same burning sensation happened to my skin after application like the regular CC foundation.  Something in that formula stings my skin all day long.

Guess that is why I took a chance on this new matte bye bye foundation today....as I don't believe it will be a true matte/drying style foundation.  I did get mine later today and tried it on my hand.  Not drying at all but not slippery and shiny like the regular is.

Color was same match in this as their regular so no issues on that.  Will post my review tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

I just noticed they've taken down the last It TSV kit.  I was going to do a comparison between that one and this one because they both have the Bye Bye Foundation except this one is matte.  It appears they're using the same graphic for picking shades. I thought it would be different since one is matte and one isn't.  It also looks like the same product demo video as the last one except for the words on the screen.  I'd like to see a comparison of the two Bye Bye Foundations. 

I have both of the foundations and wear them in fair....it is the same color in both foundations.  I only did a comparison swatch on my hand today as I just received the new matte foundation.  As for the powder it has some color to it and looks to be very nice shade and not to dark in the compact to my eye.

Since I haven't actually tried either out I can't be more sure then this...will post tomorrow after I apply my makeup!  HTH

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'll pass.  If the foundation is oil-free matte, why do you need a finishing powder?  That seems like a ton of makeup on the skin. 

I watched the presentation of the TSV in AM Style.  They had an older model who had one side of her face with the finishing powder, and one side without.  The side without, of course, was very shiny.  Once applied, the finishing powder took all the shine away.  However, they did not address why half her face was shiny in the first place. 

If she was wearing the TSV oil-free matte foundation, why was that side of her face shiny at all?  It's all such ridiculous sales talk.  They could have sold the foundation with the brush and priced it at $39.

Ya I saw that too and thought not a good idea when your promoting a matte foundation LOL!

I am thinking they made that part of her forehead "dewy" looking like that on purpose just to demo that the powder will take that down.  

I can say in my past when I was younger my face would oil up like that on my forehead and it drove me nuts.  I had to use powder several hours later after using a matte foundation.  So some ladies just have more oily skin types and even matte foundations won't cut it all day long.  I was in that group long ago.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Now that we know that it includes a new oil free matte Bye Bye  cream, who is trying it? I ordered it today. I think the price is great for all three items.....

@Goldengate8361  I'm trying it.  I usually wear medium with success in the Celebration Compact Foundation, but, this shows a neutral medium which I found interesting.  I'm hoping it doesn't have as much yellow in it. I like the IT products and the brow pencils are the best I've ever used. 

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies I have been wearing the new foundation all day so far.  It is holding up just fine.  

This foundation is much thicker/denser in texture then the original...but it is not drying to the skin and even looked abit dewy after I applied mine.  I guess it could depend on what one puts underneath also.  I used some moisturizer as I need that and it's cold here.  Coverage is a good medium to more/full depending on what your wanting.  Since I have rosacea I need foundations to actually provide good coverage so that is why I order this.  I did use a light dusting of the powder to set it and found that has worked well.  No touching up thus far.

All in all I like it so far...BUT I must use it for a few weeks to be sure I do not develop any reaction to it.  Since I can use the original formula I doubt this one will bother me.  

This foundation won't be something ladies who don't really need coverage or want it will like IMO...I did use the brush but found it wasn't spreading easily for me so I then used my beauty blender sponge and that worked out better.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite   Thank you for your review!  I think this one will work for me.  I preordered and expect it in a day or two 

Honored Contributor

I used it today, and think it's going to be a keeper!   Sometimes I have to use something several times to come to this conclusion.  

I was in a big rush this morning, so wasn't sure if I was taking the time to "get it right" but it all looked good before I left the house and also looked good at the end of the day!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I am. DD and I decided we would try this. I'm unsure about shades, so I checked the shade description. DD is Nicole Kidman-fair and has a cool complexion that burns easily in the sun. So I said "Fair." Not so fast. When I checked the shade descriptions I found this:

"Fair (W) Ultra porcelain skin, fairest of fair skin, with warm (yellow) undertones.
Fair Light (C) Fair skin, if you burn easily in the sun, with cool (pink) undertones." (from the QVC page)

Because she is cool, I'm going with Fair Light - I hope it works. She has no yellow tones at all in her skin.

I do, so I'm going with Light. I watched a video and Jacquie (one of the IT team at QVC) wears Light. In the past, I've always matched her and been fine with it!

Sounds interesting. I like how they described it as a tinted moisturizer with SPF. Smiley Happy

***Replying to my own post - LOL! ***

I just wanted to comment on the shades. I was pretty sure I'd be Light, and that was the right choice for me. DD is Nicole Kidman - fair, but the Fair in this said warm, so I ordered her the Fair Light. She has a cool complexion, as I said above. Then I panicked and got the Fair too - just in case! As soon as she saw both tubes, she knew the Fair Light would work, and it does. The Fair just had too much yellow in it for her. Maybe it's the addition of the sunscreen (?) She put one shade on each side of her face. The Fair looked warm and pasty on her, and the Fair Light blended in perfectly. She wore it today! I put mine on lightly today, but didn't use the powder - that will take some getting used to! I like the way it looks - it really does cover, and it feels fine too, not too heavy at all. 

Hope everyone else likes hers! Smiley Happy