Valued Contributor

Who is ordering Jockey Skimmies TSV?

I was excited to see these on a TSV. I wear these under some white pants and capri's that are a bit see through. I don't like to see the pockets through the pants- these eliminate that. I also have a few skirts - and I heard them say it helps with chaffing.

New Contributor

Re: Who is ordering Jockey Skimmies TSV?

I just ordered a set, never tried them before. I'm a size 16 and I am hoping they will help with the chafing that comes with summer skirts. 

Valued Contributor

Not me, they don't look like they come up high enough on the waist!  

Honored Contributor

At first I thought --- well, these look kind of neat.  

I always think I could use a little something-something to kind of hold things in a bit without being overly tight and constricting.  

But then 2 things sruck me --

One is, if I would wear something like this --- one of my main areas of concern is a little stomach pooch --- and if these come down lower -- what good would that do???

Two, warmer weather is supposedly coming (hopefully, soon) and wouldn't these be kind of hot???

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

No....first they don't come large enough for me....(need a 3x) but more importanly...I don't wear any type pant that stops way below my waist...I would feel like they were falling down...I would be trying to pull them up all day...

Then as the other poster said...who wears this type panty on a hot summer day when I can barely pull up my slacks..capris etc...from the heat...

Honored Contributor

I have several pairs of these and would not be without them!  For me, they are crucial in the Spring & Summer, especially.  I wear more skirts and dresses in the warmer seasons, and I do not wear slips; these keep your thighs cool, smooth and chafe-free.  No banding or discernable lines anywhere.  Perfect under thinner pants and white pants.  I love them.

The TSV has them on mannequins that have the belly button showing, appearing to be cut a little low.  They are not, they come up comfortably to your natural waist, covering the belly button.  I think the presentation like this today is trying to attract the twenty-somethings by having them appear less like a shaper (which they are not).

Honored Contributor

@buddylou wrote:

Not me, they don't look like they come up high enough on the waist!  

I bought a pair recently they come up higher, I think that's the plastic body

However, I don't think they are a sub for a slip IMO but more a very light shaping garment.  I prefer a slip under a dress,

Contributor

What is the difference between these and the Jockey slip short at Target? Walmart has the same as Target but has a wider band.. - still Jockey. I love these under clothes and first purchased at Q but I'm just not seeing the difference for the price. If you haven't tried them do, you will like them.
Honored Contributor

Not for me. I do have a couple pairs of Rhonda Shear ones that may be similar. But most of the time I prefer her Pin-Up Panties. 

If they think skimmies replace a slip they need to research what slips are for. 

Honored Contributor

I don't wear anything under my clothes that does not have firm control.  That's what I need and these jockies do not at all have any control.  I made the mistake a yr or so ago and bought these.  All they do is take up space in my lingerie drawer.  I really need to pull them out and just get rid of them.  Should have returned them, don't know why I didn't.

I prefer to wear my firm control undies with a half slip under my summer dresses and skirts because I like the definite no-cling of a slip and don't even think about the fact that I have one on.  They are not hot, do not bunch up, no clinging of my dresses.