Honored Contributor

Re: Who else is excited about the Wicker Park

We're using silk flowers for DD's wedding.  We had three appointments with various local designers.  Two were local ladies who just did it a little on the side.  Their examples were terrible - cheap, Hobby Lobby flowers.  I could have done what they did.  The third, who we went with, is an extremely talented designer who does floral design as a part of his interior design business.  His flowers are far superior and and look very natural.  I say this to explain that you get what you pay for.  Sorry, not sorry, these TSV mum baskets look fake and cheap to me. 

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 Who knows there are a lot of faux spheres in stores like Home Goods, Marshall’s and TJ Maxx so she might have got them there. The first faux sphere I ever saw was at TJ Maxx about 5 years ago and I still remember that that one greenery sphere was $55, which I thought at the time was ridiculous. Sounds like Wicker Park has created an ultra fade resistant material that has been tested for up to 5 years. I can only say that my 1 year old Bougainvillea and Succulent spheres have not faded one bit in the direct sunlight there in. They look like the day I got them. I have a set of the dark pink Bougainville spheres that @CoffeeNut submitted as well as white and yellow ones too. Then the multi colored Succulents, which really do look Amazing in with our real shrubs. I’m hoping I like the 16” faux mum I ordered in orange this morning. I see the color has sold out and they haven’t even aired if yet.
Honored Contributor

Are these the ones that look like coronavirus?

Regardless, I'm not a fan of fake plants & flowers. All that plastic - what can I say.  They cause litter when leaves and other bits blow off and land in my gardens. 

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 Well who knows where she bought them. For the past 5 years I’ve seen them in Home Goods, Marshall’s and TJ Maxx. When I first saw them in TJ Maxx I thought $55 was a lot for a faux greenery sphere. I’m hoping this new technology that Wicker Park created with ultra fade resistance for up to 5 years is a winner. I’ve only owned their spheres for a year and I keep them in the basement when I change them seasonally. Today I didn’t buy the TSV because they would be too small for my large urns. I did buy the 16” Faux Mum in orange, which I see the color orange has sold out now. It hasn’t even aired yet on tv. Must be a lot of people wanted the larger size for larger containers and urns too. Fingers and toes crossed that I like! 😂
Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr The Wicker Park Faux Blossom Spheres were the ones that some said looked like the virus? I did buy the smallest set of 2 - 7” white blossoms spheres and I have them in a wicker basket inside and they look adorable!
Respected Contributor

Two weeks ago I bought two beautiful pots of mum's with three colors in each for $12 a piece at Wal-Mart.  When done I don't have to store them as have enough Holiday faux items as it is to store. Maybe if I lived in Tx. as everything has withered from the heat it would be nice. They do fade I am certain.

Respected Contributor

If you have real MUMS,  don't forget to pinch off the dead flowers.  If you do,  they will keep blooming much longer throughout the entire season.   

Contributor

Has anyone noticed the large maple tree in the background on set during fall shows?
I would love to know where they found them or wish they could offer them for sale.

it was the large maple leaf by the house window

Trusted Contributor

@Ppooh YES that faux Maple Tree is from the Valerie Parr Hill collection. I think it’s around $95. The only bad review I read was that the lights on it were very bright. Person wanted more subdued lights so they returned it.
Trusted Contributor

@Ppooh Wow I just looked and it’s sold out. I saw it on air for the first time when Valerie had her TSV the other day. Fall items sure sell out fast!