Esteemed Contributor

Where did they come up with this ugly bathing suit?

I cannot think of one person this would flatter.  A double row of flounces?  ONe of the ugliest bathing suits I have ever seen.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where did they come up with this ugly bathing suit?

@KathyPet wrote:

I cannot think of one person this would flatter.  A double row of flounces?  ONe of the ugliest bathing suits I have ever seen.

Thanks SO MUCH for asking!

They came "up with it" for people with ugly bodies like mine!

After 3 pregnancy losses, 2 live births, life's overwhelming stresses, gaining and losing 85+ pounds. my body looks like something from Star Wars, so this swim wear is not "ugly" for me at all!

And "flatter" me? A mighty tough job! But if it covers SOME of my numerous body flaws, for ME it rates A+!

Honored Contributor

It looks really nice on the models so I don't see where it's ugly!!  I have a couple of romper types like that but don't use them as swimsuits - something cut and cool to wear at home to sit outside and read.  The flounces are very flattering to most figure types.  The wording of this post is rather rude sounding and seems like it was meant to be otherwise it would have been stated more tactfully.   It obviously is not sometlhing the OP would buy - fine but many many others will!!

Honored Contributor

What I find ironic is the timing of this TSV.  People who are preparing to shovel snow aren't going to be watching swimsuit presentations.  The hosts can spin it any way they like, but this will be a dud.

Respected Contributor

I think this swim suit is cute. I am on the slim side and short. I probably would have purchased but I bought 2 from the Q last year. I am all set. I like a litte more coverage in a bathing suit. We have a pool and on hot days I practially live in my suits.

Honored Contributor

It's going to snow a few days but summer is still coming!!  Why would anyone not buy a swimsuit they like and will need because of a few days of snow??

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

What I find ironic is the timing of this TSV.  People who are preparing to shovel snow aren't going to be watching swimsuit presentations.  The hosts can spin it any way they like, but this will be a dud.

Some of us buy swimsuits all year round because we go to the pool all year round.  Geesh.  You people amaze me on this board.  Negative, negative, negative.

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet - looks like something Lori Goldstein came up with - ruffles, flounce, ruffles, flounce....

Valued Contributor

I am rapidly approaching age 60.  I have had three pregnancies, one miscarriage and 2 C-sections. I own a suit similar to this and it is a very flattering look for those of us with post-pregnancy bodies or other "issues".  What I find very hard to "see" is women who should not wear bikinis under any circumstances, prancing around thinking they look like they did in their teens, twenties and thirties. I often wonder, do they own a mirror and did they actually look the situation over before they left the house?  Now if they are proud of their look, fine, but some of the things I see baffle me.  I am a product of my generation, the one that thought modesty was a good thing, and there are a lot of "looks" I just don't get.  JMHO worth what anyone reading this paid for it.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's cute.  Wear it and have fun!

Cogito ergo sum