New Contributor

Re: When do the TSV reps sleep?

Jeanne Bice told us that QVC does not rovide any hotel rooms for the guests. Any hotel accommodations were paid by the vendor. she said there was a lounge where she would sleep on the couch and the models would nap on the floor.
Valued Contributor

Yikes, that would be hard to do for venders showing hair care products like Chaz. His models must be superwomen, to look like they do all day.

I agree with you. I speculate that both the hosts and the vendors are earning far more money than the average person out there. If I knew that at the end of the long day my pay would be in the thousands or perhaps the millions in some cases, I wouldn't sleep either.

Trusted Contributor

I find it hard to believe they don't have an area where people rest. I think that they shouldn't pay for their hotel rooms, it's the cost of doing business but they should provide private dressing rooms and a place for models, hosts and vendor to take cat naps. I have often wondered how I can be getting ready for work and watching the models and noticing they are on most of the day. I work an average of 10/12 hour work days, I will come home and turn qvc on and there is Jackie and Katia....
New Contributor

• I always imagined that as the shopping channels got bigger, they'd have some sort of on-campus hotel type of accomodations for high level guests. Just because it was a perk, or a way of showing appreciation for exhaustion. 
  • I'll never forget years ago watching Suzanne Somers get to the end of a 24 hour day on another channel and watching her lose it. I have almost never laughed harder in my life, and thought Colleen was going to need a pair of rubber pants. They finally took her off early and she said of the next host that was coming on. 'I need to sleep. Buy a hair piece from Rachel".  
  • I remember that fondly and laugh a lot.
Respected Contributor

They do use local hotels. I remember one vendor mentioning that he was staying in St. Davids,.Pa which isn't exactly around the corner at approx 25 min away. I would think, at this.point, with QVC being so enormous, that they would be able to accommodate people on site. They do have a dry cleaners,.nail salon, coffee shop, etc.,
Honored Contributor

they hang from their heels in the closet?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
They don't sleep. Didn't you know? They are realistic looking robots and just get recharged at a charging station between shows...
Esteemed Contributor

Good topic....I have wondered that same thing....especially the vendors that are on every other hour...like the beds..computers..etc.....where they must talk for an hour each time....

I can't help but think how exhausting a day it is for them...an hour off between shows is hardly time for a nap or a bite to eat...

I know I couldn't do it...