This has probably been discussed but how do these TSV reps make it for 24 hours? For instance the Dyson rep that is on now has been on every few hours for like 24 hours as I've had the TV on as background all day. Have they ever said whether they sleep between shows, etc? If so, where? The studios? It's a wonder some haven't passed out by the last show. Just curious!

Respected Contributor

Re: When do the TSV reps sleep?

The TSV 3am EST It Cosmetic Show was not Jaime. This was another woman in a black dress. Jaime was wearing an turquoise dress for the midnight EST show. There is a video online already. For some of the products sold on QVC, there are only hosts or other reps from the company. I've seen a woman that works for Chaz presenting for WEN on other occasions (probably when he was sleeping).

PS The TSV Reps are too excited about making money that they can't sleep because they count money instead of sheep. LOL!

Super Contributor

TSV vendors accept that it's going to be a very long day, with little cat naps. It is just one day.

Honored Contributor

That's what the "green room" is for. If there is a long delay between appearances, I would assume the vendors have a nearby hotel room.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I noticed that HSN is following Shop HQ in having the Specials for the day a prerecorded show from the first airing all of the early morning hours. Some have another rep doing the early morning airings also.

Honored Contributor

I think for a TSV you just buckle up and plan to be up all night and day, part of the job

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Pook said:

I noticed that HSN is following Shop HQ in having the Specials for the day a prerecorded show from the first airing all of the early morning hours. Some have another rep doing the early morning airings also.

HSN has had overnight pre-recorded shows for years (not on a regular basis, though.) I am surprised that today they have their "first lady" Colleen, on a morning show.........quite a change of pace.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Desertdi said:

That's what the "green room" is for. If there is a long delay between appearances, I would assume the vendors have a nearby hotel room.

I'm pretty sure I read that QVC actually has "hotel rooms" on site, for vendors and hosts(for bad weather). I will see if I can find it.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Contributor

Many of them have "assistants" who fill in for them during the late night/early morning presentations. Unfortunately, Chaz apparently doesn't have one, and left Rachel to present the Wen TSV on her own. BIG mistake! She did a terrible job of explaining how to use it and what formula to get for each type hair. Good thing I didn't need her help to make a decision!

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Desertdi said:
On 3/10/2014 Pook said:

HSN has had overnight pre-recorded shows for years (not on a regular basis, though.) I am surprised that today they have their "first lady" Colleen, on a morning show.........quite a change of pace.

I think that was a prerecorded show. Colleen is never on in the a.m.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"