Respected Contributor

Re: What will the IT Cosmetic TSV be for Jan. 19th?

I ordered mine earlier this afternoon, can hardly wait to get it!!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I ordered this on AD, as I always do. I figure if I don't like something I can cancel it. I was reading what the AD has in it and if I read correctly it seems you get the lipstick in the same color. Does anyone know if this is correct? I would rather get different shades in each shipment.

Valued Contributor

On 1/17/2015 Makeupmandy said:
On 1/17/2015 Nicole WI said: I ordered mine last night! Smiley Happy
How did you order this? I can't find it on site. How much is it??
I got an email to order early because I am singed up for IT Cosmetics reminders... When I tried to just enter the item number alone it came up as the regular price. Smiley Sad It says I can forward the email to a friend, but I don't how to make that email to a thread... If you can tell me how I am happy to share with you. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

On 1/17/2015 tropicalbeachgirl said:
On 1/16/2015 NoelAnnn said:

Ok. So i read this thread on beauty banter, that is too old to comment on.. http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/369709/pagenumber/2/index.aspx

It talks about snail excretions.

After reading this i'm sick to my stomach. So basically the snails are having induced repeated orgasms and then sent back to the hatchery when tired???? I don't know if that's true or even if it's good or bad. But it turns my stomach so much i feel like i'm going to throw up.

I know it's legally cruelty free but is it? Then again i eat cheese and dairy but just ew ew ew.<br /> <br /> I was really looking forward to this but think i have to pass. I would just keep picturing little snails having orgasms on my face... BLEEECCHGHHHHH!!!!

What the what??

Actually, they induce excretions from the snails, by "stressing" them, inducing stress. Now how you induce stress in snails, I have no idea. Apparently they mimic stressful reactions in the snails, it sounds like some kind of electrical stimulation to me, or they scare them in some way?? I mean what else would cause a snail stress? It's a snail how much stress could they have. And they secrete this special slime and that's what companies use to make the cosmetic creams with.

But yes the IT CC cream does apparently contain the snail secretions. So it's possible they use it in other products also. If you're ok with using it, that's fine if not you may want to skip it. I do think they list it, in the ingredients, for the products that do contain it. Which is good, I think it's a good thing for people to be informed so they can decide if it's for them, or not. hth.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2015 jordan2 said:

I ordered this on AD, as I always do. I figure if I don't like something I can cancel it. I was reading what the AD has in it and if I read correctly it seems you get the lipstick in the same color. Does anyone know if this is correct? I would rather get different shades in each shipment.

Yes I believe you get the same shade of lipstick in each shipment, that is how I read it. You only get the brush, in the first shipment.

Super Contributor

This looks like a very nice TSV and the color of the lipstick looks really pretty. But I have had issues with their lipsticks, you never know what color they will be, when you apply them. I am kind of afraid to try their lipstick now because of that.

I'll pass on this one but it is a great value and I love love love that brush! If it was a bit less expensive, I'd buy the TSV just for the brush. I love their brushes.

Regular Contributor

A256971, via email. Don't think its a secret!

59.94, 2 EP's available. States its a "special price." Hopefully the TSV price??

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Regarding the SNAIL SECRETIONS. This has been used in high end cosmetics as well as other products for years, it is not new. Have you ever seen a snail on a sidewalk where it left its trail? It looks like a sort of clear fluid. This fluid helps the snail move along rough surfaces. When used in cosmetics and skin care it is sanitized and sterilized and properly cared for to use in products. It is a smoothing fluid. I feel people should get a little more educated on this before getting all freaked out. This has been proved to be very beneficial to the skin. I received this information from a very reliable source.