Esteemed Contributor

Re: What was the "worst" TSV you ever bought?

@AngieinLA wrote:

Years ago, probably over 20 now, I purchased the roll out mat that was imbedded with seeds that promised you an instant flower garden. Needless to say, it did not work. Barely anything came through the soil. I still laugh at that purchase because it was sooooo bad and nothing like they showed during the presentations. Smiley LOL

My Mother bought that too and had the same results......LOL

Respected Contributor

Harry Slatkin sent warmers.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Never bought the flower mats from QVC but there were some hilarious threads on these boards back in the day.  I knew someone who bought sine at a yard sale and there were similar results.  A couple spindly weeds.

The worst that I can remember was a pair of Clarks sandals that I bought in my size in 2 colors and neither fit.  They were like an inch and a half too short for my foot and were like a youth size.  I've worn Clarke's for years and it was almost like they outsourced to another manufacturer.

Contributor

Just curious to know why the gold TSVs had no value -- were they not actually real gold?

Super Contributor

Several duds but the worst of all, WEN!

Frequent Contributor

The recent Martha Stewart embroidered jeans, I thought the ones with the red poppies were so pretty. I sized up because I didn't want them to be skin tight, but after I got my feet in that was pretty much it. I even checked the label to make sure I hadn't been sent the wrong size by mistake. I buy all my clothes from QVC, and I practically live in jeans and jeggings, mostly Denim & Co. and sometimes Women with Control, but the Martha Stewart are the worst jeans I have ever tried. Seriously, I have no idea what size I would even need to buy to get a pair that would fit. I sent them back the next day for a return. I've also had zero luck with the Breezies bras, no matter what I do, I can never get a decent fit. 

Valued Contributor

The Bernini battery operated portable fountains. I got two of the darn things and spent a small fortune on D batteries and containers and plant saucers to create a container to put them in!!! Nice concept but they leak and the batteries rust.  More troublet than they are worth and my time setting them up and purchasing items to use with them made this the worst QVC purchase ever!!!

Valued Contributor

My worst was a Wen TSV for the holidays.  It had multiple scents each with a gift box.  I usually give presents people love but this was my one major epic miss.  My DILs and friends hated them I could tell. Most folks either did not understand the concept or were insulted by the insinuation that they had bad hair.  Seriously what was I thinking?  I got carried away by the hype.  I ended up using the rest but felt it did nothing special at all for my hair.  A second runner up was the first Cuddle Duds jogger pants.  They looked so bad on me I nearly cried.  I could not get them off fast enough and into the return bag.  Lessons learned!

Honored Contributor

A treadmill.  No one in the family used it and eventually had to pay to have it hauled away.  (that was years before Freecycle)

Super Contributor

1) The recent Vionic Tide TSV.  The arch on this was so high and the material so hard that I actualy damaged my back.  I ended up needing a month of physical therapy to the tune of $2000.  I complained to QVC and they let me return them as defective.  But that was a very expensive TSV.

2) Wen TSV.  After all of the lawsuits I do not understand why QVC still carries his products.  Simply awful shampoo that required so many pumps and left my hair feeling like straw.