Frequent Contributor

What was the "worst" TSV you ever bought?

First, I will say I have purchased many TSV's that were great buys and had wonderful quality; however, there have been a few really bad ones.  A George Foreman indoor grill with different plates/grill pans to change out with a so-called coating that was to make clean up a breeze....terrible...everything would stick and you could not clean...and uneven hot spots with the heat.  My second one was a Calista hot roller set that would not get hot.  The rollers, clips, and storage bag were so cheap.  Unfortunately, I didn't send either one of them back.  I try to be a little more selective now.

Valued Contributor

Re: What was the "worst" TSV you ever bought?

Those Space Bags that you vacuum the air out. Within an hour the air was back in them. They showed supposedly cashmer sweaters being put in them and them putting the bags into water. Their sweaters did stay in the water long, and that's a good thing because they would have been wet soon. They would vacuum the air out, wait a couple minutes, ans then open the bag to show how to get your clothing out. And that's about all the time the air stayed out. I still use a couple to store blankets in, but not without air in the bags.

Honored Contributor

@Southern Classy@I bought and really didn’t like both of those items either...never sent mine back but just donated.Really should send poor quality stuff back so the manufacturers get the message.I have bought a lot of great stuff and some really what was I thinking stuff from Q.I too am much more careful now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

These all tied for "worst."

Spanx. Get them from the store.  Don't even bother.

Breezies comfort bras that lost the underwires after a month

2 Dooney and Bourke  bags with untreated vachetta. (Water spots, although one ofthose things just aren't that attractive. (I don't like untreated vachetta. and succumbed to the hype.)

These weren't the only TSV's that I have purchased. Those were great. I don't happen to buy that many.)

Super Contributor

Bare Minerals faux tan. Went on in a strange green hue, streaked,  and rubbed off easily.

Honored Contributor

Breezies bras.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BlissLights, the kind that looked like fireflies only blue. They were expensive and lasted less than a year....junk!Woman Tongue

eta - They don't even sell them anymore here, I think because they were that bad.

Valued Contributor

Little Giant Ladder.  

Made with a few plastic pieces that broke the 1st time my husband used it.

Was very difficult to repackage and send it back.

Respected Contributor

A Calista Perfecter that would switch heads- The lock mechanism didn’t work , with either head. I exchanged for another of the same, and it came with the exact SAME problem!!  A double loser product. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Power Scrubber wand. The brushes are so soft, they didn't even remove light soap scum let alone anything worse. They just end up bent out of shape. If the brushes had been harder, I would have loved this device. But for now, it's something I store and rarely use. A regret buy.