Contributor

What's the real "incentive" of a TSV - Why can a TSV can be cheaper two months later?

[ Edited ]

When QVC offers a TSV, what is their claim on the value? I thought there was a certain time after which the price would not go lower. Or is that only for one day only prices?

I've been a long-time shopper on QVC and generally like most things I buy as well as the value I get. However, today I saw an item I purchased two months ago as a TSV that was $10 cheaper and free shipping. Customer Service said sorry there was nothing they could do. I now feel like all the hosts were lying as they presented this "great deal. I've lost confidence in them. Is this typical?

Occasional Contributor

Re: What's the real "incentive" of a TSV - Why can a TSV can be cheaper two months later?

By chance was it the KitchenAid 9 speed hand mixer?  If it was, I thought the exact same thing!  I also purchased this as a TSV back in September at $10 more as well.  On a brighter note ~ I do love the mixer.

Frequent Contributor

Re: What's the real "incentive" of a TSV - Why can a TSV can be cheaper two months later?

I have experienced the same thing and I find it disconcerting, disappointing and disingenuous.

Respected Contributor

My problem with the TSV is that not all are offered at free shipping. If you add that in to a lot of specials, they are not so special at all.

Contributor

Actually, it was the Kitchen Aid Convection Oven. I'm frustrated because I thought TSVs were supposed to mean something. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bananacreampie wrote:

By chance was it the KitchenAid 9 speed hand mixer?  If it was, I thought the exact same thing!  I also purchased this as a TSV back in September at $10 more as well.  On a brighter note ~ I do love the mixer.

The KitchenAid 9-speed TSV in September was $49.98, but it didn't have free S&H.  So I guess they can technically say they aren't offering it at "a lower price".

I purchased it and mine had clearly been used.  I returned it and bought one in a B&M store that I knew hadn't been used.  I also found out mine has a more powerful motor than the TSV version and I paid less for it than the one I returned to the Q!  Other difference was the Q's version was made in China.  Mine was made in the U.S.A. according to the info on the box.

(Oh yeah - and I got the utensil bag with mine and it was in the Kitchenaid box, not just a plain cardboard one.  Everything was nicely packaged.)

Honored Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl- I understand your frustration.  There used to be a "guarantee" that the TSV would not be at a lower price for one year.  Now it seems they change the price whenever they want to.

Which is ironic, as they still say One Day Onlys are price-guaranteed for six months.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Calling it a TSV is just a gimmick. 

Honored Contributor

TSV's aren't all that exciting. Some that don't sell well, are offered for days on end. Getting something that was clearly used is not acceptable. The one TSV I ordered this year was from Valerie Parr Hill and I set it out today. I am very happy with it (from Christmas in July).

Valued Contributor

The TSV used to be something special. You waited until midnight Eastern and there wasn't a preview a week in advance. Some were very good and they sold out in a short time.

Then they went into One Time Only items that were only for 1 hour. Then the next hour there was a different One Time Only.

Now, they tell you in advance what the TSV will be and start selling it days ahead of time. Then if it still doesn't sell out, it goes on for even more days.

I get the feeling they are buying up the entire inventory from whoever and they have to unload them all. Hour after hour is spent on just that one item.

They used to sell new items that you couldn't get in the stores yet, not last years model of whatever. Instead of a Special Value now it's more like what they used to call a Fire Sale in the stores. 

Sorry, it just isn't the same. I know businesses have to keep moving in order to stay alive, but not every change is good.