Honored Contributor

Re: What's the IT Celebration Foundation like? I see there is a TSV!!!

@Sueliz wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

What are your throughts on this?  I see it is listed as a TSV. A supersized with a brush.  I have been wanting to try this.  I usually don't (truthfully) spend this much on foundation but I really need something that gives good coverage and does not accentuate fine lines.  I am 65.  Would this work for me, do you think?

Thanks!! 

@AngelPuppy1, I started out using the CC foundation and switched to the Confidence in a Compact when it came out. I also use the solid Bye Bye Pores. I am a die hard fan of these 2 products, they work beautifully for me. I get compliments on my complexion all the time, without the makeup I have some age spots etc, but my skin looks flawless with the product.  It definitely doesn't work for everyone but I personally will never use anything else. I'll be 60 in October. Hope you find what works for you, have a great day! 

@Sueliz

Thanks!  I am noting your picks!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

I have tried probably all of the IT Foundations and I like this one but my favorite is the Confidence in a Compact.  I think the days of dry foundation, for me, are over.  I like something that goes on a bit moist and dries quick.

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL

Thank you!  Another vote for Confidence in a Compact!! 

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

Have you noticed when they remove the make up on thier faces and apply the CF it creats a dust storm around the face. I find it very dry, no coverage at all. I still love Bare Minerals original, Halo  and am now playing around with Dr. Jart but that's not a powder.

@fluffysmom

Thank you!  No dust storm for me!  Yuck.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Not good for very cool (pink) skin.  I keep mine from years ago and try every once in awhile.  That just reconfirms my decision to stay with Bare Minerals. 

@depglass

Thanks!  I have very cool skin also.  It is hard to find colors I think for my coloring.  

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Face is canvas for all makeup. Skin needs primer. Smasbox makes several variations. Love! Photo finish and Hydrating water spray can be used before during after. Wouldn't use any powder or liquid without priming my face. Makes a difference.

@Sweet_Serenity

I have never used a primer -- maybe I should start??? 

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I have tried three products from this line.  Two I did not like at all.  Celebration Foundation and Bye Bye Undereye were both a hot mess on my face.  Keep in mind I am in my late 60's so powder based makeups are not an option for me.  Besides, the powder is messy.  I just received their Pretty in Fall eyeshadow.  I like it.  Don't love it.  Not highly pigmented and it is rather powdery which is not great looking on mature eyes I have learned.

@KentuckyWoman

Thanks!  I am 65.  I keep reading every where to stay away from powders!  Well, I try to.  But --- I use a foundation and my face looks too shiny.  I don't like that look.  I don't want a real, flat, matte look either.  Somewhere in the middle would be nice!  Also, I find that using a powder on top gives staying power to the foundation, gives a bit more coverage and cuts the shine!  

Honored Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

I am 66 and love the IT Celebration Foundation, especially in the summer!!! It's easy to apply and blend, and I like the fact that the sunscreen is incorporated.  You don't need to apply much, either.

@pateacher

Thanks!  So, you don't find it sinks in fine lines --- if you have any??  

Honored Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

i used that foundation in that compact and i like it. I have not used make up in years but i like this one seems to work on me and I am in my mid 50

@tockerman

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@DeniseColo wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 - Personally, I really like this SPF Celebration Foundation that you are considering.  Initially I wasn't thrilled with it but have since found the best application process for me and now love it.

1. Start with a makeup primer.  Let dry thoroughly. (I like A231717 - It Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Foundation Primer).

2. Use a light hand when applying.  I was using way too much at first!
3. Finish with very, very light dusting of Pressed Bye Bye Pores.  Love the Wand Ball Powder brush that comes with A262393.
4. Periodically I remove the peach fuzz from my face as any powder will cling to all those tiny hairs. 

I am in my late 40's with normal (not oily or overly dry) skin and typical fine lines. I do have some mild redness that this foundation tones down nicely.  Now that I figured out the application process, I don't think the foundation looks cakey or like it is sitting on top of my face.  I'm also lucky that they have a shade with the undertones that works for me.  I think that will be an important consideration for many ladies with the rather limited range. 

@DeniseColo

Thanks.  I am glad yound found your process!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone!

I am not sure about this makeup now!

I think I would rather try a liquid or cream makeup.  But as I stated before, I do not like a really shiny face and I always need a bit of powder after the foundation.  I don't like a real flat, matte look either.  But an in between look.  Is there a makeup that gives this look without powder?  I always feel that powder gives the foundation staying power, plus cuts the shine, and gives a bit of added coverage.   

Any thoughts on this?