Honored Contributor

Re: What is up with Customer Service the last 24 hours, leaving customers on HOLD for over 20 minute

@Carmie, thank you for that perspective. Many don’t understand the pressures of being a Customer Service Rep. Companies spend a lot of $$ onboarding & training new CSRs, so when they up & quit because they succumb to the pressure, the company is back at square one. Yes, the best CSRs have been doing it for many years and are good at calming down irate customers.

I’m pretty certain I would be a failure at being a CSR! 😜

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: What is up with Customer Service the last 24 hours, leaving customers on HOLD for over 20 minute

@SurferWife   Thank you.  I worked in CS for about 25 years.  I have seen reps get so upset that they were crying and some even threw up.  I had a cubie partner that  just got up during her break and left.  She never came back.  

I was so buzy, I didn't even notice she was gone until my boss asked me where she was hours later.

Many reps had to take a leave for stress issues.

It isn't all bad though.  Some people are so nice and it is a pleasure to help them.  If someone was really nice, you wanted to really go over and above to help them.

i enjoyed my job and since I have retired, I miss it sometimes...just sometimes.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie 

I wasn't criticizing CS, I thought something else was going on (phones down, etc.) as this had never happened before.  

I worked evenings/weekends in retail for many years.  I've had my share of attitudes.

I worked at Saks 5th Avenue for many years.  One Sunday, a customer called to ask if we had a certain David Yurman ring.  I was finishing up with a customer and said I would call her back within 10 mins.  Took her name, #, the whole routine.

Well, she did not like that and called the Store Manager to complain.  Store manager comes down just as I'm dialing this customer.  She said I handled it correctly, but when the customer answered the phone, she was very angry with me and did not want me helping her.  Geez. 

And when I did get thru to the Q CS, they were very helpful and my issues were resolved quickly.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@HLP .........Hi, its very easy to start a new thread.  Click on the forum you want to post in.  Click on the red button saying post a message and there you are.  TSV is todays special value.

Im thinking your pulling my leg here since you are a super contributor.

Absolutely not pulling your leg, I always replied, but have never started a new forum, Thank you for the advice on how to do this. I will try.

Trusted Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Last evening I called CS in the evening.  After waiting 20 minutes, I hung up and called back.  Called back a second time and Waited another 25 minutes, hung up. Called back, called back a third time and after 30 minutes someone finally answered and when I asked why such a long hold time, they were "unaware." Fast forward right now, call qvc, on hold for 6 minutes, and when I finally got a CS he was clueless, he couldn't understand the simple concept of where my refund was nor capable of reading the notes on the item returned.  I told him he needed more training and said goodbye.  Called back waited 7 minutes and got a cs, who readily saw the notes on the account.  QVC really needs to do a clean sweep on their customer service rep, and off training with an exam at the end, because what I have seen since xmas, CS at qvc is horrendous, and I can't shop with them anymore. Don't have the time to spend to get the money I am due back.

@tropics21 You’re preaching to the choir lady! Please read my rant in the Customer Care  Forum regarding lack of information on today’s TSV.

Trusted Contributor

No folks, customer service has been horrendous online and by phone. Please read my rant in the Customer Care Forum “MODS VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - TSV ITEM INFORMATION”  There’s no excuse for it!