Respected Contributor

Re: What is the TSV from Isaac tonight?

I used to like Isaac's pima cotton items, but I have stopped buying them.. The slightest stain becomes a permanent stain.  I have tried many laundering "hacks" that posters have suggested, but sadly, I have had to throw away some shirts that should have had a lot of wear left.  Land's End and LL BEAN pima does not stain like the line Isaac sells, for some reason. 

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

Isaac Mizrahi Essential Pima Cotton Polo for $36.78 

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 10.37.49 AM.png

Ho Hum, another shirt.  The one good thing it is not a hi low hem or tunic.

Honored Contributor

Lands' End has supima cotton polos all under $30 and they come in petite, regular, talls and plus sizes. Some are even marked down to under $11. I found a free-shipping coupon today and used it to buy me some new supima tees.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@maximillian you got me thinking of something that recently happened. I was wearing a nice cotton Tshirt from Life is Good and when I turned on the outside spigot to water our flowers, my Tshirt touched a yellow Lily and I got yellow pollen from the flower on my tshirt. I tried laundry soap, the stain remover Spray n Wash and finally the only thing that got it off was rubbing alcohol. So later that day when I noticed my husband had the same yellow pollen on his new work Tshirt he got at Walmart on clearance for $4, I told him good luck getting that stuff off. He said, “Really?” and used his hand and wiped it right off his Tshirt! I couldn’t believe it! Soooo I’m wondering if all the better quality cottons like Pima just absorb whatever stain gets on them? 😝 Of course my husband rubbed it into me (no pun intended) that his yard work cotton tshirts were better quality. 😂🤣 He knows better tho, since he has a drawer full of really nice Life is Good tshirts. 😂
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I iron all my tees, including Isaac, Denim & Co. & Kim Gravel.  I will say that I don't HAVE to iron my D&C shirts, but I do HAVE to iron my Isaac tees.

I'm an ironer though, so it doesn't really bother me because I iron most everything.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife Me too, I iron everything, so it's not a biggie to me if something requires ironing.   I turn on the TV to Dateline catch up on episodes that I missed and iron away. 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife    Some people like to iron; I'm not one of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Pezzie wrote:

@SurferWife Me too, I iron everything, so it's not a biggie to me if something requires ironing.   I turn on the TV to Dateline catch up on episodes that I missed and iron away. 

@Pezzie 

I typically have QVC on while ironing, or a great movie.  I keep up with it so that I don't have a pile so big that I dread it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Kachina624 

I iron all my tees, including Isaac, Denim & Co. & Kim Gravel.  I will say that I don't HAVE to iron my D&C shirts, but I do HAVE to iron my Isaac tees.

I'm an ironer though, so it doesn't really bother me because I iron most everything.

Bless your heart for being an ironer...I would do almost anything to NOT iron, including stuffing my down quilt into an un-ironed duvet cover and then counting on my pets lounging on the bed in order to 'flatten out' the wrinkles over time...lol

There are three things I've always hated about housekeeping: cleaning the oven, cooking & ironing. Self-cleaning ovens took care of cleaning the oven. I married a sous chef and haven't had to cook in 20+ years and so that took care of the cooking. 

Buying Issac & Kim Gravel's clothes means I occasionally have to pull out the iron since I refuse to leave the house looking like a hot mess. 

Respected Contributor

Jane has on the Kelly green TSV polo and it is not attractive on her..🙁