Contributor

Re: What is Amazon Fire TV Stick?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

@AlenaZ wrote:

That is exactly what I did. Bought 2 sticks for 2 TVs in my house. I have Amazon Prime already, that is $100 a year. My Comcast Xfinity bill kept creaping up and up, right now to about $200 a month (internet and TV). I ditched the TV service,and only keept the internet from Comcast ($80/month),  added digital antenna to get the local channels ($22)   All in all, I am getting the same, if not more, this way but  saving about a $1,000 a year paying for cable where most of the channels I did not watch anyway.

We also have Comcast and do not like paying $200a month!  With the fire stick, can you get ME TV, INSP, and local news channels? 

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal turns out, he used You Tube instructions last year (or year before).  He has since found a website with a far easier/better tutorial. 

Just put in your Google search bar:  How to install Kodi 17.5 wireless.

It's the first article that comes up; the website is a dot org

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

This sort of technology is way, way above my ability to understand or use it.  I don’t even know if I have a smart TV.  Hanging head in shame and walking away.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

This sort of technology is way, way above my ability to understand or use it.  I don’t even know if I have a smart TV.  Hanging head in shame and walking away.

@KathyPet  IF you are interested, there are some good articles explaining the basics.

Article from LA Times:

Is your TV a smart TV? How to connect to the Internet

Esteemed Contributor

Well maybe I am not as ignorant as I thought.  I do have the Apple TV box and I do know how to go to my IPAD and start playing a movie from Amazon prime on my tablet and then use Air Play on my tablet to watch on my TV set.