Respected Contributor

Re: What happened to Slatkins line?

Just received a flyer for Bath and Bodyworks. One 3 wick jar candle is $25. Plain glass jar.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Just received a flyer for Bath and Bodyworks. One 3 wick jar candle is $25. Plain glass jar.

I bet noone pays list price for their product though

Respected Contributor

One person's gaudy is another person's lovely. That's what makes the world go round. Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

Certainly the OP won't be buying but others might like them. I like the holiday scents, and I thought the fruit baskets were cute.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@traveler   I always use coupons and wait for 12.50 sale on top of that.  Plus all of them ship for 5.99.  You can order 20 candles, and ship for 5.99  Sometimes there are codes for free shipping too!

Frequent Contributor

My experience with the Slatkin line here has been mostly positive.  My candles burn perfectly and the fragrance throw is good. 

I am a country/vintage girl, and I am loving the hobnail candles.  I also have the fruit baskets and they are adorable.  I bought two sets of the TSV hobnail candles on auto-delivery.  Looking forward to getting them!  I love my grandmother's things, so I guess this works for me.

I do miss the nice quality ceramic holders when he was Slatkin and Co.   I don't like his current ceramic offerings and I was very disappointed in his last two gingerbread houses.   I do have some of the "antique silver" looking pedestals, which I think are very nice. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the three piece ice creme sundaes set back when. HSN has them now. So cute, smell great, and when the wax is gone, they'll make just as cute containers. These are the only Homeworx items I bought though.

Respected Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

@traveler   I always use coupons and wait for 12.50 sale on top of that.  Plus all of them ship for 5.99.  You can order 20 candles, and ship for 5.99  Sometimes there are codes for free shipping too!

DAR, yesterday I used the buy 2 candes get 2 free at Bath & Body, Used a coupon for $10 off so with tax I spent $41 and got 4 of the 3 wick candles. Right now they have beautiful candles on sale for mother's day. Oh and if you don't have a coupon the store where I shop will just scan a coupon if you ask. 

Valued Contributor

That is the point!  It is meant to look vintage, fyi, vintage has always been and will always be in stylel. Kudo's to Slatkin for their sense of decor and style

Valued Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

That is the point!  It is meant to look vintage, fyi, vintage has always been and will always be in stylel. Kudo's to Slatkin for their sense of decor and style

I have to say I love his candles. Candles I see in stores and even in high priced candle stores, nobody seems to have the great scent I have found with his. I have only bought his round 3 and 4 wick candles, and for the price I love them. Just opening them before lighting them, you can smell the fragrance. I see candles as expensive as his that are half the size, and smell nothing. This last batch with fresh cotton, and the lemon grass and one other were so fresh and delightful. And yes vintage is very in style and seems to be more popular than ever. To each his own. Jmho.                                                bamasec