Trusted Contributor

What happened to Slatkins line?

I know things have changed, but the Slatkin line used to have the most beautiful items.  Now everything is gaudy.   I am stunned.  I think there were a few items I liked since his return but only a few.  These candles today are in the ugliest holders - I don’t care how good they smell.  They look like my great grandma’s.  Those kitchen fruits were also ugly.  I know people will jump all over me, but they need new designers.   I still have some darling Slatkin Christmas animals from years ago that are part of my treasured items that will stay here forever.  

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Slatkins line?

[ Edited ]

@misschristy  I do not care for his artificial scents.  I buy Aroma Naturals which are handmade and use essential oils for scent.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the crystal hobnail glass on the tsv and after the wax is burned I would use it to hold jewelry on my dresser.  I also have some of his pedestals and love them too.  Each to his own I guess and I like the look of things that remind me of my mother and simpler times which hobnail invokes.  I wish you could just buy 1 of the tsv which would be half the price.  I have no need for two.

Respected Contributor

I like hobnail glass so I bought a set on AD.  So I guess we all have different tastes.

Honored Contributor

The quality of his candles have gone way down,gave up on them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I know things have changed, but the Slatkin line used to have the most beautiful items.  Now everything is gaudy.   I am stunned.  I think there were a few items I liked since his return but only a few.  These candles today are in the ugliest holders - I don’t care how good they smell.  They look like my great grandma’s.  Those kitchen fruits were also ugly.  I know people will jump all over me, but they need new designers.   I still have some darling Slatkin Christmas animals from years ago that are part of my treasured items that will stay here forever.  

----------------

I still have some Fall pumpkins, pinecones and acorns that had candles in them - maybe ten plus years old.  Candles had burned down years ago, but I still put the holders out every Fall. And they still smell great!!!

I will not buy any of his glass holders. I hate that all his glass containers have his stickers pasted on the sides of the container.  Would be so much nicer if the sticker was on the bottom of the glass jar...

Honored Contributor

They looked okay to me but maybe I'm old enough to be OP's great grandmother!

If I were still burning real candles and if the candles were unscented, the containers wouldn't turn me off, but I don't burn anyone's candles nowadays and I try to buy anything I can unscented.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the hobnail glass for the tsv and yhe others I would only use the jar it comes in... would rather use with no holder than the current ones offered; the holders don’t seem to go with the quality of the candles.

Esteemed Contributor

No  scent to them anymore and if you think they have a scent in a day or two it is totally gone forever!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to throw out my Slatkin candles. They made my cat sneeze and her nose ran. I researched the ingredients. No wonder! There are really bad ingredients in these candles that I nor my cat need to inhale. Another vendor who purports “natural” ingredients. Rubish!