Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think of the up coming vionic tsv

@mimon. Earth shoes have great support and really are overall good. But I have found that with any shoe company that makes mass produced shoes you can get a dud here and there. It is just a fact of life. That’s the problem with buying shoes online but I don’t have the patience to go out shopping in malls anymore to try them on. I just take the return charges and chalk it up to time saving abd gas saving
Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki 

I own three styles. The Oolala thong, Ooclog and the Ooahh slide sandal. I first purchased the Oolala thong during the FFANY sale as I'd mentioned. Came back and was lucky and picked up another thong and the clog. I got the slide on either Zulily or Haute. I would've picked up additional styles and another clog but the prices were so cheap, everything flew out the door. Whole sizes only and I sized up in the clog (didn't with the slide but probably will on my next pair). It's perfect. I've spent alot of time in the last 6 mos walking in an enormous hospital. I never could've done it without this footwear. And I have alot of what I call "happy feet" shoes. I had back surgery years ago and only wear good footwear now.

I haven't gotten into their shoes yet. These are relatively new. There's a store locator on the site. Alot of running type of stores carry the product if it's convenient for you to take a look in person. 

What else can I tell you? I love these shoes. I'm sure there's others that may be similar but I'm happy, very happy with these. Check 'em out!

Respected Contributor

I got ahold of a pair of Oofos flip-flops, by accident, they were new at a consignment store...They are da bomb!! I wore them out and need a new pair!
Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Tadaki 

I own three styles. The Oolala thong, Ooclog and the Ooahh slide sandal. I first purchased the Oolala thong during the FFANY sale as I'd mentioned. Came back and was lucky and picked up another thong and the clog. I got the slide on either Zulily or Haute. I would've picked up additional styles and another clog but the prices were so cheap, everything flew out the door. Whole sizes only and I sized up in the clog (didn't with the slide but probably will on my next pair). It's perfect. I've spent alot of time in the last 6 mos walking in an enormous hospital. I never could've done it without this footwear. And I have alot of what I call "happy feet" shoes. I had back surgery years ago and only wear good footwear now.

I haven't gotten into their shoes yet. These are relatively new. There's a store locator on the site. Alot of running type of stores carry the product if it's convenient for you to take a look in person. 

What else can I tell you? I love these shoes. I'm sure there's others that may be similar but I'm happy, very happy with these. Check 'em out!

Thanks! I'm going to give them a try.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:
I got ahold of a pair of Oofos flip-flops, by accident, they were new at a consignment store...They are da bomb!! I wore them out and need a new pair!

@Skyegirl21 

Aren't they just amazing! Check around on line. I've seen sales in the past, plus try ebay too. You can usually run into a little sale here or there. Many of the local vendors will have a promo or there's a 15% email sign up discount on the Oofos site. You lucked out at the consignment shop! I paid much less than half with the FFANY sale and half off on Zulily. 

Honored Contributor

I own many pairs of Vionics and love the "tide" version from the first few years Vionic came on the Q.  

I will no longer buy them from QVC because once they started "mass producing" them every pair I've ordered from Q are too wide, too short, too snug, etc.  Also, the footbed "plastic" has changed over the years -- boy are they slippery when wet!!!

Unfortunately, my other gripe is return fees -- sure free shipping to you but $8.95 to return & exchanging is not a guarantee those fit! 

yet I'll go to a store who carry them and they fit perfect in my size.  

Plus, there really is no big discount buying from Q perhaps ez pay but cost is comparable.  Most stores carry a large selection.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think I have a fear of having a backless sandal slipping off then stepping on it with my arch...ouch!  Remember the old wooden Dr. Scholl's sandals? Those were the worst! @wilma 

@SilleeMee 

I had a pair of those Dr. Scholl’s - rarely wore them. Not comfortable at all. 

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@Nightowlz   Does your plantar fascitis hurt when you are wearing your Birks?  I ask because, for me, it's imperative that I add an extra arch support in my athletic shoes, or I would also get heel pain.  It seems the arch support takes some of the pressure off the heel.  Of course, the shoe also needs sufficient padding as you already know.

@2blonde 

When it hurts real bad it does not matter what I wear because it hurts to just touch my heel to the floor plus it was throbbing standing there holding it off the floor.

It would not go away so I started wearing only my Birks. I have even been walking in them. It's been getting better. It's just sore right now so wearing only the Birks has really helped. My toes get sore doing all the walking with the toe bar. Guess I will get used to it. I need to buy a pair of Birkenstock shoes to see if I can use them for walking.

I bought the Brooks Adrenaline sneakers to walk in. They have arch support with soft cushion but that's what I was wearing when the plantar fasciitis came back.

I don't think my body is in correct alignment unless I'm wearing Birks.  

@Nightowlz   I'm sorry to take so long to reply!  I agree about the Birks being the only shoe that makes my feet and knees feel better.  I wear other things to work (boots in the winter) that feel OK until I get home when I then immediately step into my house Birks.  I suddenly feel the comfort of that arch and realize what I was missing.  In the summer I wear only the Birk thongs (I also have bunions) to work.  The more you wear your Birks, the better they get!

I'm a runner, and have found that even the best running/walking shoe does not have enough arch for me.  I buy extra arches at the store and trim them down so they will only be under my arch (not my heel).  I insert them under the insole.  This practice has saved me and allowed me to continue running for the last 34 years.

I sounds like you have a very serious plantar fascitis problem.  I've only had small bouts of it, mostly when I wore unpadded shoes or tried walking barefoot in the house.  I hope you get yours to improve enough so you can do your walking!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I do not like this brand. I sent my pair back to QVC.  I will stick with Clarks.And other brands I enjoy outside of the shoes I used to order from QVC because I like to try them on in person.