Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of the up coming vionic tsv

@Nightowlz   Does your plantar fascitis hurt when you are wearing your Birks?  I ask because, for me, it's imperative that I add an extra arch support in my athletic shoes, or I would also get heel pain.  It seems the arch support takes some of the pressure off the heel.  Of course, the shoe also needs sufficient padding as you already know.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Nightowlz   Does your plantar fascitis hurt when you are wearing your Birks?  I ask because, for me, it's imperative that I add an extra arch support in my athletic shoes, or I would also get heel pain.  It seems the arch support takes some of the pressure off the heel.  Of course, the shoe also needs sufficient padding as you already know.

@2blonde 

When it hurts real bad it does not matter what I wear because it hurts to just touch my heel to the floor plus it was throbbing standing there holding it off the floor.

It would not go away so I started wearing only my Birks. I have even been walking in them. It's been getting better. It's just sore right now so wearing only the Birks has really helped. My toes get sore doing all the walking with the toe bar. Guess I will get used to it. I need to buy a pair of Birkenstock shoes to see if I can use them for walking.

I bought the Brooks Adrenaline sneakers to walk in. They have arch support with soft cushion but that's what I was wearing when the plantar fasciitis came back.

I don't think my body is in correct alignment unless I'm wearing Birks.  

Trusted Contributor

Looking through the Shoe Deals I came upon A287189.  I actually did order and return this shoe last year.  The front toe strap is similar to the TSV.  I found that it rubbed against my little toe and felt like I would wear a blister if I wore it all day.  My toe bed is a little wider than normal while my overall foot wouldn't be considered wide.  As a result it is difficult to find cute sandals that really fit.  If that helps anyone.

Trusted Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@mimomof4. I had the opposite experience. I cannot wear Birkenstock and tried many times. I find their footbed even harder. Earth shoes are great for arch support

@Teddixat I was thinking of trying Earth shoes too. 

Honored Contributor

Nothing special this time....I'm glad and will save some money!

Respected Contributor

I like the arch support of this brand but dislike the Velcro ‘hook and loop’ they use in the toe area. On The last pair I got, the Velcro strap stuck out, and ruined the look. I could never get it to stay down or bend to take the shape of the shoe. Not buying.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:
@mimomof4. I had the opposite experience. I cannot wear Birkenstock and tried many times. I find their footbed even harder. Earth shoes are great for arch support

@Teddixat I was thinking of trying Earth shoes too. 

@mimomof4 

Birkenstock no way! Talk about painful. TSV "Earth" love the comfort and for me plenty of support and flattering style. Glad, I ordered more than one color. 

Respected Contributor

I’m a fan of the slip-on, mule-type shoes that Vionic used to specialize in. They seem to have mostly moved away from that style. Not liking the current inventory.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what the TSV is, but I'm not in the market for any kind of platform shoe.

My first Vionic is a slip-on style that is no longer in the line-up.  I really like those, and would like to get another pair.  They're my go-to shoe for when I don't want to wear sneakers.

I also have a slip-on sandal I like, but don't wear much only because my feet get cold.

I would be open to other styles, and might even look at getting some more and maybe even some of the inserts.  Many of my other shoes I have an orthotic to slip in, but it's getting old, and I can't afford $600 for a pair of orthotics.  Insurance certainly won't cover it anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

Vionic make my feet & legs hurt.  Won’t wear them.