Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think of the up coming vionic tsv

If they'd offer a Birkinstock tsv, I'd buy.  I've found this brand to be nothing special.

What bothers me is that these sandals have a 3-star rating.  I think QVC does a disservice to itself and its customers by not allowing us to read the reviews which would allow us to make a more informed choice.

Respected Contributor

I don’t care for them. They make everyones feet look huge and heavy. Not flattering at all.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

No, for me. I need a back strap.

@SilleeMee 

Me too. My heels slip out of sandals unless there is a backstrap. 

Honored Contributor

I think I have a fear of having a backless sandal slipping off then stepping on it with my arch...ouch!  Remember the old wooden Dr. Scholl's sandals? Those were the worst! @wilma 

Esteemed Contributor

omg @SilleeMee , sliding off a wooden Dr Scholl sandal was the worst! Talk about painful, I wince at the memory. 

Yes, that can happen with any backless sandal, even today's tsv. I have an interest but would like to hear something about the upper material before I pull the trigger. I'm not 100% against man made footwear. One of my most comfy and favorite shoes are made by Oofos, designed to be a 'recovery'shoe for runners and athletes. Their OOFoam construction and incredible support are absolutely amazing. My feet and back kept saying "thank you, thank you." I adore how I feel in this footwear and have multiple pairs. First found them here a couple years back in the FFANY sale. ♡♡♡

Honored Contributor

The design detail of the upper strap coming all the way down to the lower part of the sole is a total turn-off for me.  That look came out several years ago and it was all the rage.  It looks so dated now.  I would never buy that style today.

Too bad because I really like the rest of the sandal.  

Honored Contributor

I don't like the footbed, so no sale.

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee   No way I would even consider a sandal without a back strap ever!  And a platform makes it even more dangerous. I just would not buy any show I could not walk in with confidence. It is not as if it is particularly stunning....very ordinary and boring looking like most Vionic styles at premium prices.

Valued Contributor

I think  they are ugly.  Easy pass for me.

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

omg @SilleeMee , sliding off a wooden Dr Scholl sandal was the worst! Talk about painful, I wince at the memory. 

Yes, that can happen with any backless sandal, even today's tsv. I have an interest but would like to hear something about the upper material before I pull the trigger. I'm not 100% against man made footwear. One of my most comfy and favorite shoes are made by Oofos, designed to be a 'recovery'shoe for runners and athletes. Their OOFoam construction and incredible support are absolutely amazing. My feet and back kept saying "thank you, thank you." I adore how I feel in this footwear and have multiple pairs. First found them here a couple years back in the FFANY sale. ♡♡♡

@rochelleS I'm not familiar with these, but looked at them on Zappos.  Have you tried and liked all the styles -- clogs, mules, and sneakers?