Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think of the up coming vionic tsv

@mimomof4. I had the opposite experience. I cannot wear Birkenstock and tried many times. I find their footbed even harder. Earth shoes are great for arch support
Highlighted
Contributor

Cute, but manmade upper is a deal breaker for me.  Not to mention it looks like the same style they have had for the past few years.

Honored Contributor

Colors are good but I don't like the style. I don't have any vionics, won't buy this one either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

I'm just like @Nightowlz .  My feet are perfect for Birkenstock (and some of the knock-offs), but I've ordered Vionic twice (one sandal and one tennis type shoe) and sent them both back pronto.  I have flat feet and, although I must have a good arch support, the Vionic feels like big hard rock under my arch......whereas the Birks have a completely contoured footbed.  It hurt so badly I couldn't even walk across the room.  I think they are meant more for people who have at least some natural arch.

@2blonde 

I think that's my problem. Flat feet. I think my feet have gone flat as I have aged. I used to wear a size 7 & still do in Birkenstock but have to order an 8 in everything else?

I think from now on I'm only going to buy more Birkenstock.

Plus I don't care for the cheap Plastic Look of Vionic sandals.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz   My feet have actually gotten a little smaller as I've gotten older, but they've always been flat.  I also have bunions and a Morton's neuroma which I keep pretty much under control with the proper shoes, but they are a result of the flat feet.  I'm a jogger, so I have to be watchful and I add extra arches under the sockliner of those shoes as well.   I can always tell when my jogging shoes are wearing out because I start to get sore knees.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I have no interest in Vionic footwear.   Not anythng I would/could wear.

Honored Contributor

No, for me. I need a back strap.

Valued Contributor

I don't like the sole.. it looks like plastic.  I think my feet would stick to it in the heat.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Nightowlz   My feet have actually gotten a little smaller as I've gotten older, but they've always been flat.  I also have bunions and a Morton's neuroma which I keep pretty much under control with the proper shoes, but they are a result of the flat feet.  I'm a jogger, so I have to be watchful and I add extra arches under the sockliner of those shoes as well.   I can always tell when my jogging shoes are wearing out because I start to get sore knees.

@2blonde 

Ouch Morton neuroma. I have read about that. Sounds like it would be very painful.

I'm a walker. It's hard to keep going with plantar fasciitis. It's slowly getting better but flares up when I try to walk too much. If I do 3 miles I'm ok but when I go up to 4 my heel starts hurting. I need something padded to walk on. LOL!!!  I thought the Brooks sneakers I bought would help. That's what I was wearing when I got plantar fasciitis again? I get part of my miles in using my Pilates chair & recumbent bike. Anything for some exercise.

Honored Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

I don't like the sole.. it looks like plastic.  I think my feet would stick to it in the heat.

@LexaMom 

It is plastic or some type rubber. Not soft either. My feet sweat so I won't buy sandals without a liner on the footbed. I would be slipping & sliding around. LOL!!!