Contributor

Re: What do you think about these TSV prices?

I think when it comes to a TSV, QVC should do something that will not only keep the price down but have something that will appeal to more than just a handful of people. Doing Diamonique? Make it something simple, practicle, affordable. Doesn't mean everyone will like it but having a Diamonique tennis bracelet at $200 that went out of style in 1990 doens't do much for me. Now Judith Ripka did a pair of studs some years ago that were lovely AND affordable (think $60ish range). I lost one - which I kick myself for! But her other stuff is too over the top both in looks and price.

For example - there was a jewelry item on over the weekend - that Sleeping Beauty Turquoise necklace. Not only was it ugly (please don't tell me it wasn't ugly), but it was a ridiculous price.

A few months ago they had a Dooney and Bourke bag w/flowers on it (I already commented on how ugly it was) and again, another ridiculous price.

I do understand that some items are what they are such as the Garmin TSV and the upcoming Canon Rebel camera tomorrow. And that's fine. But not when it's ugly and costly.

Occasional Contributor

I agree. The prices haven't been that exceptional lately and some of the items chosen for the TSV are just plain ugly and/or impractical. How about the long sleeved sweater in June? You've got to be kidding me. Even if it was lightweight, there is no way I'm purchasing something I can't wear for at least 3-4 months. Besides, the style (ombre) was in style last year and is expected to out of style by this fall. 

The other thing I've noticed is one time only prices coming up in each hour when the TSV isn't even sold out. 

Contributor

I live in NYC and the humidity is usually unbearable in the summer (add in the polution, traffic, can't beath around 9 millions buildings..OMG the smell!!!). Looking at sweaters does nothing for me but make me sweat even more. And I'm an odd duck who isn't into ombre anything, including hair (I don't get two toned....it's not the 80's).

Valued Contributor

@travelknit wrote:

I agree. The prices haven't been that exceptional lately and some of the items chosen for the TSV are just plain ugly and/or impractical. How about the long sleeved sweater in June? You've got to be kidding me. Even if it was lightweight, there is no way I'm purchasing something I can't wear for at least 3-4 months. Besides, the style (ombre) was in style last year and is expected to out of style by this fall. 

The other thing I've noticed is one time only prices coming up in each hour when the TSV isn't even sold out. 

Yeah, they just change the rules on things like OTO's without making any kind of announcement or explanation. 

My theory on why they rush the season is this.  If you buy a winter item now, you try it on when it comes and think it will probably work.  Months later when you discover it doesn't really go with any of your winter clothes, or just doesn't look right when you actually go to wear it, your return window is closed, so you are stuck with it. 

TSV prices are nothing special lately.  I think that's why their new graphic intro focuses on it being the best "find" of the day, rather than the best "value."

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@eton gal wrote:

I have been a QVC customer for over 20 years and I have to say that the TSV are seldom a buy these days.  I agree with many posters that the prices have really gone up from the old days.

Agree.