Honored Contributor

What are the differences of these sharks vacumn

Last week HSN had the Shark slim liftaway.  I ordered knowing I wouldn't have rugs but hardwood floors.  my reg vacumn spits kittylitter everywhere.

Now, QVC has the Apex slimstick --

Both are same price.

Does anyone know the "difference" in these OR which model is better for hardwoods?

Thank you!,,

Trusted Contributor

Re: What are the differences of these sharks vacumn

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

Last week HSN had the Shark slim liftaway.  I ordered knowing I wouldn't have rugs but hardwood floors.  my reg vacumn spits kittylitter everywhere.

Now, QVC has the Apex slimstick --

Both are same price.

Does anyone know the "difference" in these OR which model is better for hardwoods?

Thank you!,,

at a guess, they are probably the same 

Shark makes vacs for big box stores all with slightly different model numbers. I found this out while researching them

I have 2 sharks they perform the same and I like them 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The basic differences are the types of brush roll heads and also the types of motors used in the various models. APEX models have the soft red brush rolls and the others don't.  Some have double brush rolls called their DuoClean which have both APEX soft roller plus a hard roller next to that in the head. I own a new model of Lift-Away upright with the self-cleaning single brush roll Zero-M (not the APEX) and it is the best thing ever invented, especially for pet owners. I still have two of their original purple Lift-Away uprights but that new model cleans so much better that I stopped using the old ones.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read several pages of reviews, and many people said that this model is the worst purchase they ever made.  They claimed the vacuum only lasted a few months max.  I had planned to order it last time it was a TSV, but had a few unexpected expenses and had to wait.  I was all set to order today until I read the reviews.

Now I am confused and am not sure what to do.  I need a vacuum so badly, but want something dependable.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

quick ? please.

I am having LVP flooring (vinyl planks) installed throughout the house.  My kitchen is porcelain plank tiles 

I ordered the DUO because they stated roller was brushless so  would not scratch floors -- now I see you note it has a brush roller also.

I'm confused.  The last thing I need is to scratch the floors from wrong vacumn cleaner.  This is why I bought a new one my bissell has hard roller brushes.

Do you think the DUO Apex would be OK? If not, I'll send back.

Thank you!

homedecor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 

The TSV is a Duoclean which means it has both types of rollers in the head...a soft red brushless roller plus a roller with brushes on it. The roller with the brushes are not that stiff so they won't scratch the floors. It also has the self-cleaning technology which prevents debris from getting wrapped around the brush roll. That type of self-cleaning brush roll works because the roller keeps turning to keep it clean. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 

This is what the Duoclean head looks like w/o the cover. It has two rollers. The roller with the yellow brushes also has soft rubber squeegee strips which sweep stuff up off the floor so it never scatters. The red roller is brushless and soft so it picks up fine dust and polishes hard floors.

maxresdefault.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you! I'm not going to send back as yet.  I think I will wait and decide, flooring should be done by next week.

I'll maybe see how easy they are to clean -- first experience with hardwood style floors.  Rugs I guess can have any vacumn.

Thank you again!!

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @homedecor1 

Good luck with your new floors.