Respected Contributor

Well, I guess they've de-sensitzed us to the price of $100+ hair dryers, curling irons, etc.

Now they're throwing an almost $200 flat iron into the mix............no way in H#LL will I ever pay that much for a hair tool unless it will make me look like Farrah Fawcett in the 70's!

Respected Contributor

Re: Well, I guess they've de-sensitzed us to the price of $100+ hair dryers, curling irons, etc.

It's a flattening Iron?.....That's it? That's literally all it does? It doesn't do anything else other than flat iron? Usually those high quality hair tool things cost about about $80 to $100, but they usually have more than one feature.

Example, the CHI is a round hot brush, a flattening iron and it has two different heat settings. Nick Chavez Easy Styler is a round hot brush, a flattening iron, a curling iron, has two different heat settings and has a swivel cord so it doesn't tangle.

$200 for a hair styling tool that only does one thing is WAY too much money. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Re: Well, I guess they've de-sensitzed us to the price of $100+ hair dryers, curling irons, etc.

I'm happy with my $20 blow dryer and $20 flat iron.

Super Contributor

Go to Sally's & buy a professional styling tool.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/6/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

I'm happy with my $20 blow dryer and $20 flat iron.

Me Too!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a flat iron from overstock for about 50.00. It had good reviews and I love it.

Valued Contributor

Hulagirl, you took the words right out of my mouth! The prices are ridiculous, and women have gotten used to the high prices. Whatever happened to $15-$25 for a good blow dryer?!

The whole thing is, one needs to know how to style their hair. I'll stick with my inexpensive dryer and curling tools.

Esteemed Contributor

What's next? $100. box of toothpicks????

Honored Contributor

I agree, we are becoming de-sensitized to very high pricing. Other people that I know would not consider paying $200.00 plus for a flat iron, although I do think they were touting this one did curl your hair. I just saw the first couple of minutes the night with Shawn. Click.
Respected Contributor

Nope, I am not de-sensitized. IMO, the prices are ridiculous and I won't buy. It's just not necessary to spend that much for a good hair tool. The $200 dollar irons do the same thing as much cheaper irons- My opinion.