Honored Contributor

See all the replies already who think the TSV is lovely, but don't need it/have use for it or think the size is too big. That is when customers go searching for something in the line that they might like better, or that comes in at a better price point for them. Well, Q kind of forgot to provide other choices for people loving the event, the brand, and looking to spend. 

Honored Contributor

It is lovely,but $$. I think one of my cats would sleep in it.

Honored Contributor

It's a nice bowl but I'd prefer it without the base.  I recall last year's TSV (was it a hurricane? I don't remember) had a soapstone (aka Connemara marble) base and the base varied greatly in shades of green.  If two were displayed togther, the unmatched set bothered some folks.

Trusted Contributor

I think it is lovely.  But out of my price range for sure.

For those that are purchasing it, enjoy its beauty.  Lucky peeps.

Honored Contributor

Re: Waterford TSV

[ Edited ]

I was very surprised to see Waterford on QVC.  If I were to buy any additional Waterford, it would be from Evine that has lots of inventory in various price ranges.  Plus I love the rep on Evine, Jorge!  

Respected Contributor

I see this and bowl then think of the DOZENS of articles I've read lately about people getting RID of dust collectors, and how kids (heirs) don't want this stuff today...

Plus, I just cleaned out my Mom's home and got rid of most of her dust collectors, knick knack, chotchkes etc....

She had three or four huge crystal bowls she inherited from her mom, that are in a china cabinet full of dishes and bowls and gravy boats that will in all likelihood NEVER be used again for a meal. They are pretty, weigh a ton, and totally useless to anyone who doesn't entertain or do hand washing ( which would be no one today).

I figure when I need new dishes, i'm going to start using her old china and then my china that never gets used...and consume it. I figure even if they break, at least they will break being used....I am 62 so I should have enough plates to last til the end of my life.

I heard them say this bowl weighs 8+ pounds.....Another door stop.

I just cant see this as a TSV, but if you bought it, enjoy!!!!

Honored Contributor

The TSV concept is nice, but I don’t care for the marble base.  It looks like that beautiful crystal bowl is sitting in an ashtray.

Trusted Contributor

I was fortunage to visit the Waterford Factory in Ireland last summer.  I was so surprised how small it is.  Then I remembered most of the crystal isn't made there anymore.  The retail store was huge with some beautiful and unusual crystal (expensive).  I didn't purchase any.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Waterford TSV

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio, I understand your complaint.  The first thing I did after seeing the TSV was to search the site for Waterford, only to see a few more pieces offered.  I think it is a pretty bowl.

Even though I know they are really no comparison to real crystal, I have recently acquired some of my grandmother's cut pressed glass pieces which I will enjoy, like creamer and lidded sugar bowl and oil and vinegar bottles.  You know I like vintage things.  

I don't understand why several hosts already have said this is only the second item that Waterford and Connemara have collaborated on, when there have been different types of hurricanes over the last three years at least.  

Valued Contributor

The bowl and stand are really lovely and as others have pointed out this piece has been made in Ireland and represents a more elite Waterford line.  As for what to do with it, well it is a piece of art, a thing of beauty!  I lost my dining room table because my husband took over the room as a home office.  But if I still had my dining room set the bowl would be front and center and decorated for each season. In between seasons I would use a flameless candle to show off the exquisite glass cuts.  I am a romantic at heart in case you have not guessed by now!