Honored Contributor

and they have only 5 other Waterford items available at QVC when searching the site?

That is simply ridiculous. 

What is up with that? 

Respected Contributor

It is a beautiful bowl but too grand for my lifestyle. I do have a Waterford vase that I received for my retirement. I put a big bunch of daffodils in it today.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

and they have only 5 other Waterford items available at QVC when searching the site?

What is up with that? 

@Mominohio. What's ridiculous?  Isn't it Waterford that Evine sells by the truck load?  I'm surprised they could even also sell it on QVC.  Must be separate branches of the company.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

That green marble on the bottom of the TSV makes it a no for me.  Just don't care for it.  I have a few Waterford pieces that were my mother's.  That's really all I need.  I struggle to find places to use them in my home.

Contributor

Waterford sold on QVC is made in Ireland exclusively.

Evine sells Waterford made in ALL the Waterford factories around the world, Poland, Germany and China, and some pieces, usually House of Waterford, made in Ireland. Jorge Perez, the Waterford spokesperson on Evine  describes Waterford on Evine as a "Global Brand".

I own pieces purchased from both channels and love them all.  The Fiskars corporation based in Finland bought Waterford several years ago when the company was threatened with or entered bankruptcy. 

The Irish Artisans create pieces that have a limited production, made in the Irish factory. They create very few pieces because of the downsizing of the factory and the cost of production in Ireland. The country of origin and the manufacturing process are the the reasons for the price difference. 

Valued Contributor

what would you do with that bowl? That is nice and pretty but I would have no use for that item?

New Contributor
I think the Waterford Bowl and Connemara marble base are beautiful. I personally won’t be purchasing as I just don’t see a need for it. That being said my wallet has not gotten away unscathed as I purchased the SS Miraculous Mary medal and the Kilronan throw! Love this celebration!
Respected Contributor

A $200 bowl??????? for a TSV....I feel sorry for the hosts trying to tell all they ways you can use it and why you need it...I cannot think of one reason why I would.

Honored Contributor

Pretty TSV, but nothing I'd ever have a use for.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

What is up with that? 

@Mominohio. What's ridiculous?  Isn't it Waterford that Evine sells by the truck load?  I'm surprised they could even also sell it on QVC.  Must be separate branches of the company.

What is ridiculous is that Q has a TSV. And when they do, they devote many hours of the day to that product and that entire line of products. That is the day, that if say Lock and Lock is a TSV, or if Susan Graver is the TSV there will be lots of new and restocked items from that line to purchase.

Q has a TSV to spark interest in a particular brand or line of merchandise. 

So they run a Waterford TSV, and have virtually nothing else to choose from in the line. Stupid marketing.

And yes Evine has tons of Waterford, but most of it is cheap junk not made in Ireland. And I'd rather not buy from Evine, as I've had less than stellar experience when I did. 

Q messed up with this one. Catch people's attention once a year with Waterford, then don't bring in anything for people to buy. Just sayin'.