Honored Contributor

@Othereeeenwrote:

for those looking for "Something else" in Waterford....check that famous auction site under "irish waterford bowl"...

200.00 is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much.......

Sorry....theres LOTS of it on there......what couldn't sell in the yard sales, I guess....

I agree, much of it doesn't hold it's value, but you have to know the patterns and the origin of manufacture before you know what are the 'good' pieces and what aren't. 

Heck, a couple of years ago at Christmas, Sam's Club had Waterford for sale...cheap. But it wasn't the good stuff still made in Ireland, and I picked up two huge beautiful vases for $9 each after Christmas. I'm no snob, if the price is right! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@SHOPRwrote:

@Mominohio, I understand your complaint.  The first thing I did after seeing the TSV was to search the site for Waterford, only to see a few more pieces offered.  I think it is a pretty bowl.

Even though I know they are really no comparison to real crystal, I have recently acquired some of my grandmother's cut pressed glass pieces which I will enjoy, like creamer and lidded sugar bowl and oil and vinegar bottles.  You know I like vintage things.  

I don't understand why several hosts already have said this is only the second item that Waterford and Connemara have collaborated on, when there have been different types of hurricanes over the last three years at least.  

@SHOPR

Maybe they meant the only the second TSV they have collaborated on.

And I think cut glass is just as special (and very beautiful too), especially when it comes down through the family and has memories and traditions tied to it. I bet your pieces are lovely, and I know you will enjoy them!

@Mominohio, They may mean exactly that (2nd TSV?) and perhaps that was the original intent when they were trained to say certain things today, but none of them are saying it.  LOL. 

You know, the little Luminara-like tealights create quite a sparkle through the pressed cut glass.   It really surprises me.  Not like crystal, but still really nice!

Honored Contributor

I think the TSV is very pretty and certainly it’s nice to see something other than a Dyson, computer, bed, pillow or Vitamix. 

But....if I buy one more bowl or am given one more bowl as a gift, I’ll cry. My husband and I are a very casual couple and don’t use things like this. Also, I’m in full “purge mode” of unused household items, clothes, etc. and these kind of things would be at the top of my purge list. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@tockermanwrote:

what would you do with that bowl? That is nice and pretty but I would have no use for that item?

@tockerman. I used to have a large cut glass compote about the size of that bowl.  It got broken on my last move, but I loved it at Christmas with colored glass balls and sprigs of greenery in it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

and they have only 5 other Waterford items available at QVC when searching the site?

That is simply ridiculous. 

What is up with that? 

@Mominohio. What's ridiculous?  Isn't it Waterford that Evine sells by the truck load?  I'm surprised they could even also sell it on QVC.  Must be separate branches of the company.

What Evine sells by the truck load isn't made in Ireland.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPRwrote:

@DJs momwrote:

@SHOPRwrote:

@Mominohio, I understand your complaint.  The first thing I did after seeing the TSV was to search the site for Waterford, only to see a few more pieces offered.  I think it is a pretty bowl.

Even though I know they are really no comparison to real crystal, I have recently acquired some of my grandmother's cut pressed glass pieces which I will enjoy, like creamer and lidded sugar bowl and oil and vinegar bottles.  You know I like vintage things.  

I don't understand why several hosts already have said this is only the second item that Waterford and Connemara have collaborated on, when there have been different types of hurricanes over the last three years at least.  

This is true. Last year's hurricane TSV was the 1st time Waterford and Connemara collaborated on an item. This is only the 2nd item they have made together.

@DJs mom, The collaboration appears to have started in 2015. 

H203988 is one example:

http://www.qvc.com/Waterford-and-Connemara-Marble-Chara-Hurricane.product.H203988.html

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/88/h203988.201

It was sold under at least two different item numbers and presented several times during 2015 and 2016.  Notice it is curved and very different from last year's cylinder hurricane TSV that is being shown on set today. 

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/09/h210109.001

Here is a blog written by Stephen, one of several written on this subject:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Waterford-amp-Connemara-World-premiere-On-QVC/ba-p/2081284

This is so unimportant, but what is being stated on air is not true so it rubs me the wrong way. 

@SHOPR thanks for the correction.