Super Contributor

Re: Washing Machine Advice Please

Front loader I will never buy again.I will stick with the ole fashion cheap ones.They work good and last forever.
Super Contributor

GE. When ours died of old age last year, I called out the repair guy, who pronounced it dead on arrival. It was over 12 years old, it had a good long life.

The GE guy was gorgeous {#emotions_dlg.tt1} Obviously not every GE repairguy is gorgeous, and he did say that I wasn't on his regular patch, he was just covering for someone on vacation that week.

Anyway, even though the end result was that we had to spend $$$ on a new washer, the cute guy softened the blow. We bought GE again.

Regular Contributor

I have a GE washer,dryer set that I bought at Home Depot-no bells just a washer that washes clothes clean, automatic water sensor or you can set it yourself. Has 16 cycles. Matching dryer, also automatic or timed.Lots of settings also.

I like the sheet/towel setting as it has a wash and pause. Also jean setting for light/med dirty jeans.

Check Home Depot for sales. This is a top loader washer.

Honored Contributor

A couple of years ago (or so), I read bad reviews regarding plastic type drums......a 'fishy' odor, etc. I recommend either the old-fashioned type which is the enamel drum, or stainless steel, which is even better. You don't want mold collecting behind the plastic drums. Difficult to remove, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I love my Bosch front loader. There is no odor if you leave the door opened after you are finished. The air needs to circulate. If we forget, I run a wash with a tablespoon of Clorox or Washing Soda.....these will disinfect the washer.

I love that I use very little water, and I can choose an appropriate cycle. I really use the "Hand wash" and the "Delicate" cycles a lot for my good clothes and even my hand knitted sweaters.

Super Contributor

Speed Queen.

Trusted Contributor

Well, in opposition to what the consensus is here, I dislike my LG Front loaders. I have had nothing but problems and on top of it they smell. Yes, you read that correctly. They have an odor. If you keep the door open all the time it minimizes it. I would never get another front loader. Next time, a top loader.

Contributor

Bumping This Up for Washer AND Dryer Advice Please? Re: Washing Machine Advice Please

After years with a Maytag wash/dryer, we got a Samsung wash/dryer last summer.  I HATE them!  I have honestly never hated two household appliances more than I hate these two things!

I've been reading this thread for some recommendations for a new set (I already have a buyer for the present Samsung "laundry from hell" duo), but I don't want to make the same mistake again. We got the Samsungs because the salesman at Lowe's talked them up to us so well.  I have recently come to find out that Samsung is a "preferred brand" for Lowe's to push.

TIA for any recommendations.  I trust you guys :-)