Frequent Contributor

Want a 4-cup Kitchen Aid Food Processor

Would love to see a 4 cup Kitchen Aid Food Processor in the beautiful colors being offered today in the TSV. It would be wonderful for those of us who have smaller kitchens with no storage space.

Honored Contributor

Re: Want a 4-cup Kitchen Aid Food Processor

I have the older version of the 3.5 cup in white and I use it a lot for making salad dressings and sauces. I bought it at the Williams Sonoma outlet for like $25.

I have only seen this in KA shows a few times, I think they focus on the bigger ticket items because QVC can sell it on easy pay for people who need that option. These smaller items don't really need easy pay and so it's not really beneficial to QVC to sell it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

I for one would LOVE a four cup as TSV! I have a huge Cusinart with the three different size bowls nestled together. It is such a hassle for me that I rarely use it,
Honored Contributor

But a 3.5 cup is not going to be of use to you to make most food recipes. It's good for sauces and dressings or if you are chopping up one piece of chicken for a chicken salad sandwich.

I'm single and I cook for one, but any recipe from a book or magazine is going to need the bigger machine, even if I cut the recipe in half.

I am sorry I didn't buy the 13 cup. The 9 cup is sometimes too small for recipes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I sold my KA 3.5 cup on eBay sometime back. Never found much use for it. For grinding small amounts of spices, I use a small Cuisinart coffee grinder. Works far better than the small KA ever did.

I can do WAY more with the 9 & 13 cup ones. I cook for just me. Also had the 7 cup one, but sold it in January after getting the 9 cup. My older 7 cup didn't have the adjustable slicing or the wide feed tube.

I prefer the 13 cup for most any kind of dough or when grinding meats.

Honored Contributor

On 7/9/2014 Deadeye Daisy said:

I sold my KA 3.5 cup on eBay sometime back. Never found much use for it. For grinding small amounts of spices, I use a small Cuisinart coffee grinder. Works far better than the small KA ever did.

I can do WAY more with the 9 & 13 cup ones. I cook for just me. Also had the 7 cup one, but sold it in January after getting the 9 cup. My older 7 cup didn't have the adjustable slicing or the wide feed tube.

I prefer the 13 cup for most any kind of dough or when grinding meats.

What she said! I had both a small KitchenAid and the small Cuisinart and got rid of both because I never found anything they did very well. I have the Cuisinart 16-cup now with three bowls and use it a lot. The small bowl is far better and small batches than these little ones ever were. I chop nuts and make salads in my big one a lot using the small bowl and it works great, cleans up easily and doesn't mess up the medium or large bowls under it.

Super Contributor

Just an FYI for easier cleanup. If you're only using the multi-purpose blade and any of the workbowls, and you're NOT using the slicing or grating discs, just cover your workbowl with a piece of heavy duty plastic wrap (the 18" commercial stuff works great) before putting on the top parts. This way you only have to wash the workbowls and multi-purpose blade and NOT the top parts of your processor.

I learned this when we used the Cuisinarts at the restaurant - we used one to grind meat and poultry.

Honored Contributor

I recently purhcased the Wolfgang Puck Blender/Chopper ($29.99) from HSN>

I have to say this is the perfect size for all the things, I like to do. It only chops vs. slices as this is what I use most for nuts, cookies, vegetables, etc. for baking/cooking.

What I really like about this product is its I believe 5 cups and chops DOESN'T Liquify the vegetables as other have done.

It has 2 speeds, cleans up great, and more importantly I can make smoothies, ice cream sorbets and frozen treats.

I believe it may be a knock-off of the Ninja system on Q but was cheaper and works like a gem!