Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

WHY WOULD QVC SELL "GENIIE" AGAIN?

This was one of the first products that was supposed to help with instant firming of eye bags, etc......I never had any success with this product and yet here it is again as a TSV.  I, frankly, do not understand why they are still manufacturing this product.   It makes no sense to me....Plexaderm does more than this product does!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: WHY WOULD QVC SELL "GENIIE" AGAIN?

The Q is going to sell items that people will buy, and it sounds like a lot of people are buying it today. 

Honored Contributor

It makes no sense to assume that QVC isn't there just to sell stuff after all the duds they have promoted and continue to promote. 

Esteemed Contributor

I tried once and threw it away.  Saw nothing from it.

Seeing it again brought back memories - Marie, the older blond model,.....haven't seen her in ages...........used to be the model for it.  It looked like it did wonders for her......for the demo.....but all the aging signs were back in her next (modeling) jig.

Hmmm - that bothered me.

Honored Contributor

According to Leah, this product was hugely successful, then left QVC for awhile and then was brought back by viewer request and has been hugely successful again.  It seems like people either love these types of products or hate them. 

Trusted Contributor

@SweetSpice wrote:

This was one of the first products that was supposed to help with instant firming of eye bags, etc......I never had any success with this product and yet here it is again as a TSV.  I, frankly, do not understand why they are still manufacturing this product.   It makes no sense to me....Plexaderm does more than this product does!

Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for others and shouldn't be a TSV.    QVC doesn't base their TSVs on one person's experience. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have a PayPal account then use that to make your purchase and that way if you decide to return it, PP will refund you your return shipping. That applies to using Q's return label as well.

Search:  Return Shipping On Us

That will tell you how it works with PP.

Honored Contributor

@SweetSpice wrote:

@SweetSpice    Maybe they're not still manufacturing it.  Perhaps the manufacturer had an old stash it wanted to get rid of and made QVC an offer they couldn't refuse?  That would be about par for a TSV.  I've become very suspicious of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Maybe this is the "new and improved" version--LOL!!
Esteemed Contributor

Any item that has a "usual" price for purchased separately that is twice the usual price for the Q is suspect to me.  Even with the TSV price.