Esteemed Contributor

I always brush then used the flosser.  Does this combination brush/flosser do a better job?

Honored Contributor

What does your dentist say?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched the TSV but doubt if it will do a better job - probably clean as well as having 2 machines.........a waterpik and a sonic t-brush.

Personally I wouldn't buy a unit with so many 'abilities'.  Happy with water flosser ( which I use after dinner).... then brush before bed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

What does your dentist say?

Frankly, @Group 5 minus 1 , I've never asked!!!

I asked the hygenist one time if it was better to floss before brushing or after.  She didn't know.  Dentist never recommended a waterpik, but, I've learned to prefer that to the string.

Valued Contributor

I have a separate flosser and sonic toothbrush.  I like the flosser since I have always had problems getting floss into the corners of my mouth. It may not be as effective,  but I think a flosser makes it easier to clean your entire mouth.

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme I have this unit and it has what I call a design flaw. The buttons controlling the brushing and the flossing are too close together, and its all too easy to be brushing your teeth and accidentally get a shower because your finger slipped and hit the floss button. I have done this at least half a dozen times, and I'm not necessarily clumsy. Otherwise, its a great unit.

Super Contributor

the reviews are petty negative on this. I love my water pik and I use it after I use my oral B. recommend a separate water pik. they are amazing. 

Valued Contributor

I had this unit for about a year and, at first, I really liked it.  But there's a few problems with it.  One, the main selling point is being able to brush your teeth and floss at the same time; I found it didn't work well because as I tried to brush my teeth, the water from the flosser would just shoot away all the toothpaste so I quickly learned it was better to brush and floss separately.  Second, I decided to clean my unit so I unplugged it, left the brush in my bathroom and brought the rest of the unit to my kitchen sink to clean; the toothbrush connects electronically with the base unit and I lost the connectivity by separating the toothbrush and the base unit and I was unable to electronically reconnect the two devices.  I ended up calling Water Pik's customer service and they tried to walk me through the reconnection process, but it would never work.  They were great, however, and ended up sending me a whole new unit.  However, the last problem I had was that despite running clean water through the unit everytime I used it, I eventually noticed a fowl smell from the toothbrush as I brushed my teeth.  It took me a while to figure out what it was, but it ended up being a moldy smell.  I think the toothbrush collects small amounts of water inside of the handle that never gets completely expelled and that water eventually goes moldy.  Kind of like the problem with front loading washing machines that don't drain completely.  I went back to using a separate toothbrush and separate water flosser and am much happier.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watched several presentations, but I think I would still prefer brushing with my Sonicare, then use my Waterpick flosser, then finish up with my string floss.  It may take longer, but it seems like the brushes/flosser in one could get messy & not really do as thorough a job of cleaning.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

I had this waterpik. Very poor design. does not accomplish anything because of where the water pic is located in the brush. Waterpik also makes a 2 in 1 but seperate utensils. a pic and a brush. works perfectly. good luck