Respected Contributor

Watching the presentation and these machines look tempting but are they really worth the price? How is the quality of the machine and how long do they last?  Warranties? It does alot but I suppose if you make use of all it can do, it would be worth it.  I use a Ninja for blending things now.  Any thoughts?  

Regular Contributor

I cannot speak to the Ninja but I use mine everyday.  I just bought it and did not blink an eye at the cost.  You pay for what you get.  I have had to have it repaired once, it was under warranty and cost me nothing.  If your Ninja does what you need for it to, then skip the cost here.  

Respected Contributor

Got one the last time it was a TSV and I love it. I use mine about 5 times a week and have had no issues at all.  It is one of the bes purchases I have ever made.

Deb

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl  I've never had a Ninja, so I can't speak to it.  I purchased a Vitamix as a TSV a long time ago.... possibly 6 years ago, but I'm really not sure.  It's the best appliance purchase I've ever made.  Okay, I don't cook much!  But I use my VItamix every day.  Usually just for smoothies, but I've used it for other things as well.... hummus, bread dough, soups, etc.

Honored Contributor

A Vitamix is a “Generational” piece of kitchen equipment.

So quality, you can pass it down to your kids, then their kids, et al. 

Well worth the price....Go Big or Go Home. 

Esteemed Contributor

It’s a glorified blender. I can’t imagine paying that much money for that. That said, many people seem to really like it. I can think if many better things to blow my money on. It was an easy no for me.

Honored Contributor

It's a very powerful and well made machine.  That said I really don't use mine as much as I should.  I like to watch the presentations to get new ideas on what to make.

ETA:  I got mine about 5 years ago (it's still like new) as a TSV.  My mother gave one to us as an anniversary gift.

Honored Contributor

If you are happy with your Ninja, no need to change.

I have a Vita Mix, I love it, I use it every day for something.

It's a workhorse.

I buy whole bean coffee, grind it in the VM in small batches, my coffee is so good.

Trusted Contributor

I have a Vitamix in my year round home and a Ninja in my summer place.   Vitamix is far superior.  Hands down, no question.  I debate ordering a second one to replace the ninja ( which is a great little machine too) 

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl I have both the Vitamix and a Ninja. There are features of both that make each one very versatile in my kitchen. That being said, if I had to pick only one, it would hands down be the Vitamix. The quality of the Vitamix is second to none.