Super Contributor

Re: Vitamix TSV: July 6, 2014

Is this truly an outstanding deal for a Vitamix? I am on my second Ninja and am quite dissatisfied. I make a green smoothie everyday and it really does not blend down all the ingredients. I realize the Vitamix is the gold-standard for blenders, but I have no idea what features I need. Honestly, I would mostly use it for smoothies everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope someone will answer Smurfette. I am another daily smoothie maker (not green ones, but....) And, I also use my food processor for things like grinding up chicken and making creamy-type soups, pizza dough, etc. I'm very tempted by the TSV, but I don't want to make a mistake and buy something that isn't quite right.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/6/2014 Smurfette said:

Is this truly an outstanding deal for a Vitamix? I am on my second Ninja and am quite dissatisfied. I make a green smoothie everyday and it really does not blend down all the ingredients. I realize the Vitamix is the gold-standard for blenders, but I have no idea what features I need. Honestly, I would mostly use it for smoothies everyday.

It is a great deal and well worth the money!

I will always suggest going to the Vitamix website directly and have a look at their refurbished models too, for about $100 less than the QVC price. I picked up a 5200 from the Vitamix site for $299....it carries a full 5 yr warranty. The container, blade and tamper are all brand new too! I've had mine for a while and it's been wonderful!

But in general, the Vitamix is an investment, unlike the Ninja!!

Super Contributor

Why can't they say 'Starbucks' during the presentation?

Seems like Starbucks would like the advertisement.

Wish I had a Vitamix...they're pretty awesome.

Respected Contributor

On 7/5/2014 luvsuki said:

The Vitamix again?! Why?

Perhaps because they do what they say they will do. They are fantastic and so easy to use and clean up. They don't die within a few months like most of the copycats. Perhaps it's because people love them and every time they have a TSV they sell tons.

Trusted Contributor

My sister and brother both have VitaMixes and swear by them. My mother and I have had a couple of different Ninjas/Magic Bullets/Nutri Bullets as well as regular blenders. The Ninja is good if you really can't afford a VitaMix but there is no comparison to the smoothness you get from the real thing (VM) IMHO

KJPA