Frequent Contributor
I love Vionic sandals, I must have at least 20 pair! Well I realize they must make many styles and choices to appeal to their large customer base, I would like to request more EVA footbeds on the sandals. While some may prefer the fabric lined foot bed, most newer styles offered have a light colored fabric footbed, and they get dirty quickly.

I have spot-cleaned an older pair with a white footbed as a test, and while they did get clean, it took some time, and then a day or do to dry. Over time, I suspect this would compromise the integrity of a very nice, well-made, yet pricey flip-flop. The dirty light footbed make a very pricey sandal look old and worn out well before it’s time. Or is this a tactic to increase sales so people just buy new ones?

The price continues to rise, and in some case is the quality is not what it used to be. As a long-time customer and mostly positive poster, I can definitely see the difference, and unfortunately, it is not for the better. Just my opinion.

Please bring back some Vionic sandals with an EVA footbed, preferably in the rest silhouette.

Also, now that they are offering half sizes in the sandals, they never address what size should be ordered if you are a half size, and sized down per their instructions, do you go with the new half size, or still size down? I know there are free exchanges, but with the likelihood of my size being sold out due to their popularity, it could be a very expensive exercise which could be solved if they could communicate this during their presentations. Surely I can’t be the only one with this issue.

Thank you.
Super Contributor

I agree that the quality is not what it originally was.  Also, very difficult to clean foot bed on newer ones.  I had two older styles that the tops wore out, patent leather cracked.  I tried to inquire about getting them fixed at several websites and never received replies.  I tossed at least two pairs and broke my heart because I liked the foot beds!  I am sure there will be a color or shade in the TSV coming up I do not have, just have not looked yet!👣👡

Respected Contributor

@ocookie 

I agree that the fabric-lined foot beds are not as good as the EVA. Not only the long-term durability, but the support seems softer. The tide footbed is a great one, but not if it is that faux suede liner.  The slippers have a fuzzy liner which is fine as I wear them with socks!  Flip flops need to be readily cleaned with soap and water with no down time required.

I wear an 8 1/2 M and size down to an 8. It is a perfect fit with Vionic.  If it is sold with half sizes, then I am always an 8 1/2 M.

Respected Contributor
I prefer the fabric footbed. I think they don’t get as slippery when my feet sweat.
Respected Contributor

can someone point me in the direction of the tsv?

Respected Contributor

@10sluvr 

Not too long ago there was "Ingrid," a mesh, lace-up sneaker.  A374360.

I ordered and have received a pair in dusty pink and a pair in lime green.  I am happy with the fit.  I have not worn either pair for an extended period of time yet. 

Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr, A375726.

Trusted Contributor

I usually buy Vionic,, but just saw the brand Spenco being sold at QVC.  Has anyhone tried this orthotic sandle?  A377631.  A little less expensive., $56

Spenco Orthotic Thong Sandals - Flamingo - A377631

Frequent Contributor

I'm intrigued by this one but they have several other Vionic styles that are similiar for less money (on QVC sale) so I may choose something else. I do like the tortoise color so I'll wait until the presentation to finally decide.

Frequent Contributor
I too was intrigued by Spenco with the orthotic support and much lower price. I ordered a pair last year, and although they were $10-$15 less, they looked REALLY cheap, and had some hard plastic things sticking up (Missed mfg quality issue) that I had to step on in order to wear the shoe. They were very cute, though! It looked more like a beach flip-flop, rather than a sandal you could wear with maxi dresses, casual, and business casual clothing.