Trusted Contributor

I need a good pair of tennis shoes and saw this coming up. Please give advice as to comfort, support, stability, long wear, ??? I want a lightweight tennis shoe I can travel with for the summer.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a past a Vionic sneaker TSV. The arch support is good but there is very little padding in the sneaker. The footbed is hard and rather stiff. I would not purchase again. Just My honest opinion. 

Honored Contributor

@gigyI've had 2 pairs of Vionic sneakers.  The first I wore very comfortably for a long time, but the second pair was not at all similar.  It will probably last almost forever because I pretty much put it on only if I know I'm sitting around somewhere casual for the most part.

I have foot and back issues, so even for exercise walking, I need a heavier shoe than either of the 2 Vionics I've had, but brand name alone doesn't help me a whole lot.  I currently wear a top of the line New Balance when I'm out for exercise or know I'm going to be on my feet for a long time, yet I have donated other almost new New Balance to thrift when my podiatrist encouraged me to try a different shoe. 

But every day I wear a Vionic slip-in sandal as my house shoe (slippers?)  They are so good for me that I bought a second pair as a back-up.

Valued Contributor

Vionics are a little risky, IMO, for travel.  Many people have problems with them, including me.  They have an extreme arch support which can be bothersome.  New Balance 928's are great walking shoes, but not very attractive.  Other New Balance that I have tried seem to be cheaply made and uncomfortable.

I hightly recommed BZees.  They are light weight, conform to your foot, and are very comfortable.  You can buy them anywhere, but HSN and Shoes dot com carry them.  They are also affordable.

Respected Contributor

@gigy  If you are comfortable with and need the high arch support that come in the Tide sandals, then my experience is that the Vionic shoes don't give enough arch support.  If the high arch is too much, then you will probably like their shoes.

I have better luck with finding a pair that I like (any brand) and just getting 1/2 size bigger and putting my custom inserts inside.  Also, the sketchers brand has a lot of comfortable (like walking on air) shoes.

If you are going to take them for traveling, I would recommend trying them on first, since the last thing you want to have is uncomfortable shoes on a vacation. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I hightly recommed BZees.  They are light weight, conform to your foot, and are very comfortable.  You can buy them anywhere, but HSN and Shoes dot com carry them.  They are also affordable.

---------------------------

I totally agree!  I have two pair - from HSN - and love them!!!  So comfortable!!

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of lace up sneakers and while I like them, they are too heavy (weight) and too clunky for summer wear with shorts and capri pants.

Honored Contributor

Just yesterday I received an email from Prevention magazine.

Oprah is featured on her 'O' Magazine cover (August issue) wearing Vionic.  Striped fabric. Not sure if it's classified as a 'sneaker'.  No laces, etc. 

Take a look.  Very cute.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Last year I tried a pair of Vionic sneakers and they were by far the most uncomfortable sneakers I've ever worn.  Then again, I've yet to find a comfortable style in Vionics.  The arch feels like a golf ball.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Last year I tried a pair of Vionic sneakers and they were by far the most uncomfortable sneakers I've ever worn.  Then again, I've yet to find a comfortable style in Vionics.  The arch feels like a golf ball.

I noticed that with the Tide sandal....it was so high!  I have a medium arch and many out there are to low or in the case of the Tide style WAY to high.  I just got a custom pair of orthoics and they are very odd to walk in as they are only 3/4 length.  Also since they are tall shoes can be too short...your pushed up and the back part of shoe is to low from that.  The vendor did talk about this problem happening and said this style is tall enough.

I have had a nightmare finding shoes....my feet hurt all the time most days.  I wear the other sandals from the line so you would think my feet wouldn't hurt so soon.

The thing about the TSV is you can't adjust the laces...I am thinking they will be too loose and slip alot which adds to foot pain.  Just what I see and think when I watch any of the presentations.  DSW carries some of the Vionic tennis shoes....I tried one pair on and didn't like the fit or feel of that one.  

It really is a gamble....do I feel lucky?  else your out return shipping.