Esteemed Contributor

Have any of you bought this brand before and is it worth the price?

Esteemed Contributor

I have bought  some of the Vintage Wines  previously  that I gave as gifts.  I now know to look for the ones that have won various awards. For me if they are less than  the $30 price per bottle at some of the local vineyards near my home , than that's a bargain.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I have bought  some of the Vintage Wines  previously  that I gave as gifts.  I now know to look for the ones that have won various awards. For me if they are less than  the $30 price per bottle at some of the local vineyards near my home , than that's a bargain.

@skatting44   Thank You!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have.  Specifically, I get their red varietals, and to me they have been between a range of good to great.  Wine is a very personal taste; I like mine a bit on the robust side, but with low tannins.  Vintage Estate Wines tend to stay in the middle of the road, but with really nice composition.  The TSV Pinot Noir is 81% Pinot Noir, 5% Mourvèdre, 5% Grenache, 3% Petite Verdot, 3% Tempranillo, and 3% Petite Syrah.

Actually, my favorite Vintage Estate Wine is the set they created for Isaac Mizrahi Wine.  I love it -- that red set is Malbec and .   Cabernet Sauvignon.

I did get today's TSV.  You cannot beat the price.  A whole case of good wine, delivered right to my door, cannot be beat.

Esteemed Contributor

For me I don't care for mixed varietals, that's an instant migraine in my world.  We have quite  a wine cellar and have wines from many different countries.  Of course they are bought mostly at local liquor stores.   We also buy at local vineyards to help support those and if you want good deals on good wines you should visit wtso dot com.   (Wine til sold out).  Cheers Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

If you're asking about the TSV today,it looks to be a really great buy! We live in CA, my husband worked in the wine industry and the wines offered ( never heard of the Cabernet) are quality wineries with stellar reputations for many years.If we didn't have a full wine cellar we would order it.

Frequent Contributor

Good to know.  I ordered the Moscato 3 set with the later delivery date.  I've never bought wines before from QVC but figured I would give this set a try.  It seemed like a good deal with the free shipping.

Valued Contributor

I wish KY would allow shipment of wine into the state.

Respected Contributor

I've gotten wine from QVC before - both Vintage Wines and Kevin O'Leary.  Just their Pinot Noirs I believe.  Vintage Wines may be the owner/partner or distributor of the various brands, as I think of the wineries as the brands  (Kunde, BR Cohn, Clos Pegase, etc), 

Keep in mind you might like one type of wine and not others from the same winery, or you might not like the same varietal from different wineries (example - sweetness variation in a moscato) and that even if you like a varietal, vintages vary year to year.

I'm thinking of giving the 3 bottle Pinot Noir a try.

Also, if you really don'l like it, you can still get your money back, although I don't believe QVC makes you actually return the unopened bottles of wine.